Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is looking for an exceptional Editorial Assistant to join our growing team. SmartAsset harnesses the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We support our financial advice engine with engaging content, graphics and video — and that's where you come in.
The Editorial Assistant will assist with editorial, creative and content management tasks, such as research, writing, fact checking, copy editing, social media and email marketing. The Assistant will have an opportunity to pitch bylined articles, work alongside experienced journalists and learn the vital skills for being an online journalist.
You’re a hard worker with strong attention to detail. You have writing experience (preferably in personal finance, real estate and/or business) and a journalism background. You can juggle a wide range of tasks and like the excitement of a fast-growing start-up.
· Generate ideas and write articles for company blog and content partnerships
· Work closely with our Editorial & Digital Marketing teams to market content
· Assist with editorial tasks including fact checking, copy editing, online content management, email marketing and social media
· 1+ years of related professional experience
· Bachelor’s degree from a top university
· Strong editing, grammar and online writing skills
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently with an attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Capacity to create well written content on deadline in a timely and consistent manner
· Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
· Familiarity with Content Management Systems, SEO, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
· Past personal finance/business/real estate writing is a major plus but not required
Some nice perks of the job
· Create compelling content that reaches a HUGE audience
· Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
· Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
· Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
· This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office
· Compensation: competitive salary and equity with full medical and dental coverage
About SmartAsset (We're kind of a big deal):
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We use our patent pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered by over 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.