Backend Software Developer
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset.com is a rapidly-growing technology startup, based in New York City. As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Backend Software Developer with at least 3 years of full-time professional development experience, to join our NYC-based team.
You will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing our existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of our apps, including our in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer.
- 3+ years full-time professional experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of at least 2+ Programming Languages (e.g. Java, PHP, Perl, C#, C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Working knowledge of *nix systems, networking and internet protocols
- Good social and cooperation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly competitive compensation package (equity and salary)
- Medical insurance
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We use our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. Our launch in July attracted attention from over 40 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.