.NET Sr. Software Engineer
Product Development | Boston, MA
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Smarsh helps over 10,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
The Smarsh development team is seeking new developers to join the team designing cutting-edge services. The Smarsh development team is responsible for designing, testing and deploying Smarsh’s award winning products and services on a regular basis with innovative and powerful new features.
Smarsh’s software engineers are responsible for development of its front-end web applications and backend services which are used by customers to access services and tools. They are working in an agile development team where all members share responsibilities for the end to end delivery of our products, from design and development to delivery of the product.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Working Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, Web services, and IIS
- Experience working with relational databases design and development
- Strong experience with large scale/high availability applications in a SAAS environment
- Experience with .Net 3.5 Framework/VS 2008 and/or .Net 4.0 Framework/VS 2010
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience using Agile/scrum methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- A can-do attitude for a high growth environment
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.