Legal | Portland, OR
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps over 13,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for conducting contract negotiation and administration of technology service agreements and/or subcontracts. The successful candidate will have direct experience in reviewing and executing sales contracts, knowledge of data protection laws, and compliance regulations.
- Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, and documentation
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management team
- Provides advice and interpretation of contract requirements
- Prepares consulting agreements
- Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor agreement negotiations when required
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices
- Participates in special projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in contract negotiation and administration
- Previous experience with a software company highly desirable
- Knowledge of financial markets and or hosted technology services highly desired
- Previous experience in contract law a minimum requirement
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain a cohesive, team orientated, working environment while leading by example
- A high degree of flexibility depending on the current need of the business
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.