Projects and Services | San Francisco, CA
GREAT VISUAL DESIGNERS - PLEASE READ ON
We’re an international consulting company looking for freelance visual designers who can fuse intelligence and attitude through design. While you'll be designing work that will reach C-level leaders of Fortune 500 corporations, what you design will be anything but corporate. slap is deadly serious about the work we do for our clients, but how we do it is totally twisted.
WHO WE WANT
This is not your standard corporate stuff, our work has an edge and gets people to sit-up and take notice. We blend amazing design with thought provoking words that are jaw dropping. We want you to unleash your inner designer and deliver your best stuff. The work you thought that would never fly in corporate design, we want to see it!! Your work should shine and make people say – wow, never saw that coming. We want the stuff that clients keep on the desks or better yet, show to their co-workers, and friends. You’ll need to be able to take projects from concept to final design, including typography, and visual concepts.
WHAT WE WANT
- 7-10 years of visual design experience, in a mix of the following areas: graphic design, visual and motion design for interactive platforms, and creative direction.
- Core expertise in print design experience, but comfortable with moving from print to online.
- High-end magazine design experience is a big plus.
- Agency hands-on creative director experience preferred
- Distinct design style, including unexpected and provocative design solutions.
- Strategic perspective, creating design solutions to address business objectives and move the intended audiences.
You’ll need to be able to meet next-to-impossible deadlines, work independently and with minimal direction and be comfortable with some night and weekend work.
WHAT YOU’LL DESIGN
- slap brand collateral
- Business proposals
- Client deliverables, such as research reports, PowerPoints, web design and yes even the occasional coffee table book.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Content and concepts with smarts and heart
- Project work initially – potential to turn into a full-time gig
- Likelihood of tight deadlines and weekend/evening work
- Work you hard, pay you well, make you laugh, drive you crazy and treat you with respect and occasionally send a pizza to your door
- Access to obscene amounts of chocolate
WHO WE ARE
We are slap (slapcompany.com), an international consulting company that specializes in achieving fierce commitment from manager, employee and customer cultures––the three groups that decide the success of any business.
Within each of these groups there is one problem that has the biggest impact and one solution that is most valuable, coveted and elusive. slap has cracked the code on these problems and our solutions are highest rated in a number of the world’s highest rated companies. Companies that don’t include “patience” on their list of corporate values.
- In a manager culture, we will achieve sustained emotional commitment, worth more than financial, intellectual and physical commitment combined.
- In an employee culture, we will achieve fierce support for strategies and goals.
- In a customer culture we will achieve brand status.
Each of the three slap solutions categories is available as an in-depth consulting solution, a training program that can be delivered independently, a keynote speech and a book. (The first book was released last year as part of a three-book contract with Penguin and became a NYT, WSJ, USA Today and Amazon bestseller.) The solutions are designed to work individually and in combinations. Our work is renowned for its thoroughness, integrity, client commitment, quality and attitude.
That’s what we do. Why we do it is because we believe about the worst thing one human can do to another is to make someone feel small: you’re not, you won’t, you can’t. We believe nobody should be diminished by business—working in it or buying from it.
That’s too woo-woo to interest the average profitable enterprise so we’ve translated our passion into proprietary solutions that gain a company emotional commitment from managers, fierce support for goals and strategies from employees, and branded from customers. This is not soft stuff; it is the stuff of hardcore results. We make the business case for humanity.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Our clients are typically Fortune 500 global companies, in every industry. We work enterprise-wide or with primary business units that have their own P&L’s. Our work affects the entire manager, employee and customer cultures of our clients
Two recent engagements include:
- developing the brand strategy for a large television network that saw ratings climb 34% as a direct result
- helping a company renowned as one of the world’s best to work for protect their culture in the face of rapid growth and thus to grow in a scalable, quality-oriented fashion
Please apply through the career page on our website (slapcompany.com). Include a link to your portfolio and, in your cover letter, paste a design for a tattoo that gives us your interpretation of slap.