Software Quality Assurance Tester
Product Development | Germantown, MD | Full Time
SkillSmart is a growing technology company that is transforming the markets in which we work by creating tools and services to build strong communities and clear paths to economic success. We are working on exciting and highly visible projects which include some of the most significant economic development and construction projects in the U.S with Fortune 500 clients, in addition to projects of great significance in communities across the nation. We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate who can join us in working smarter, challenging the status quo and helping to make communities stronger.
A typical day at SkillSmart is anything but typical – we have a flexible and open work environment where we can easily collaborate and support each other to create solutions for our clients. Everyone is engaging on projects that are having direct impact on our mission.
We seek to attract talent that can work smarter as part of the team because we encourage you to take the time to live your passions in and out of the office. There is nothing that “we’ve always done that way” because we are always seeking to improve what we do and how we do it.
SkillSmart is seeking a Software QA tester to join our growing product team. You will have the opportunity work in a fast-paced environment that empowers critical thinking and collaboration across departments while owning our software quality assurance and software testing efforts as well as providing technical user support.
The ideal candidate will have experience in software quality assurance testing, test automation and best practices, along with a solid technical background and understanding of software development fundamentals. Candidate must be proficient in automated software testing and working in an Agile development environment. Previous testing, troubleshooting and coding experience in a QA, Development or other technical role is a requirement for success in this position.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team both in person and remotely
- Work independently to prioritize and manage tasks
- Systems and User Acceptance Testing
- Ability to write and maintain Test Documentation
- Ability to find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Ability to understand requirements and interpret into Test Cases
- Ability to execute manual testing of software prior to release
- Ability to write automated test scripts
- Strong debugging skills and ability to identify root causes of test failures.
- Ability to write complex back- and front-end test cases.
- Utilize bug tracking and team collaboration software to complete testing activities and maintain QA documentation.
- Ability to learn quickly, transition between tasks daily and work under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of MongoDB
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with clients
- Participate in the full software lifecycle
- Support end-user support and related customer needs
- Familiarity with test automation tool sets
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Competitive salary and bonus structures
- Company paid Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Stock Options
- 401K with Company Match
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Family Leave
- Company paid Life Insurance
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard. The employee frequently is required to be in one position for long periods of screen use, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear both in person and over devices. The employee interacts in close spaces and frequently with other workers, vendors, and clients. The position works in an office environment with artificial light and air.
Skillsmart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, differently-abled, LGBTQIA, and other groups that have historically been subject to discrimination.