Machining | SMI - Aerospace Division | Full Time
We are a Northern Michigan based company looking for an experienced ID/OD Grinder.
We are currently operating a Kellenberger 600U & 1000U ID/OD manual Grinder as well as
a Parker Majestic ID manual Grinder. In this position you would be responsible for the
following job duties:
• The Grind/Machinist Operator position will set-up and operate the
grind machine to process customer hardware.
• Ability to grind to a tolerance of +/- .0001
• Read and interpret blue prints.
• Set-up and operate various ID/OD grinding machines to perform specic operations.
• Ability to set-up and run parts with little supervision and yield on the 1st run.
• Ability to work with exotic materials.
• Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
• Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for
accuracy and conformance to specications.
• Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing of wheels, use of coolants and oils.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• You must have at least 2+ years of very recent ID/OD Grinding experience.
• You must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• You must take direction well and be a team player.
• You must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Saving Accounts, 401(K) (After one year of service w/ employee contribution), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Vacations (after 60 days), Paid Holidays (after 60 days), Attendance Bonus Program (after 60 days).