Machining | SMI - Aerospace Division | Full Time
Who are we:
Skilled Manufacturing, Inc., located in beautiful Traverse City Michigan, was founded on the principles of hard work and ingenuity. Our engineers and skilled manufacturing professionals aspire to perfection in each and every facet of our business. SMI is proud to run a fully contained operation, allowing us to have 100% control of our quality and processes at all times. From writing our own programs to on-site robotic automation, everything we do is accomplished in-house at one of our three northern Michigan facilities. Adhering to the principles of lean manufacturing, SMI is dedicated to continuous process improvement. Testing, inspections and certifications are critical to our daily operation. These tight internal controls allow us to exceed customer expectations by consistently delivering a quality product, on time, within budget.
SMI Automotive supports the automotive industry in its quest to drive faster.
SMI Aerospace supports the aerospace industry in its quest to fly higher.
What are we looking for:
SMI is looking for an experienced ID/OD Grinder to join our team! We are currently operating a Kellenberger 600U & 1000U ID/OD manual Grinder as well as a Parker Majestic ID manual Grinder.
What the position entails:
• The Grind/Machinist Operator position will set-up and operate the grind machine to process customer hardware.
• Ability to grind to a tolerance of +/- .0001
• Read and interpret blue prints.
• Set-up and operate various ID/OD grinding machines to perform specic operations.
• Ability to set-up and run parts with little supervision and yield on the 1st run.
• Ability to work with exotic materials.
• Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
• Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
• Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing of wheels, use of coolants and oils.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
What you need:
• You must have at least 2+ years of very recent ID/OD Grinding experience.
• You must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• You must take direction well and be a team player.
• You must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
What we will give you:
Traverse City. Located in Northern Michigan, offers a full array of year-around outdoor activities. We also have a vibrant and ever growing shopping, restaurant, winery, micro-brewery and tourism industry.
SMI offers a competitive compensation package! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Saving Accounts, 401(K) (After one year of service), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Vacations (after 60 days), Paid Holidays (after 60 days), Attendance Bonus Program and a personnel Referral Bonus program! Opportunities for overtime are available.
If you are interested in joining the SMI Team - please submit your resume and cover letter to https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/skilledmanufacturinginc