Java Instructor (3+ yrs exp)
Training | Denver Tech Center, CO | Full Time
About Skill Distillery:
At Skill Distillery, we empower learners through education. We don’t just say that we mean it and we do it every day. There will be some difficult days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion for everything you do. You will be expected to take ownership and constantly improve yourself. You will be held accountable for our eight Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unifies us and allow us to make the difference that we do. They are crucial to our mission to change lives through education. Together we will help people reach their potential, thrive, go after their dreams and impact the world.
About the Job:
As an instructor at Skill Distillery, you will get to work as a member of a team delivering education utilizing active learning methodologies. You will be integrated into an environment where we are constantly learning as a team and as individuals. As part of the Skill Distillery team, your opinion not only counts but is routinely requested. You will be working closely with a very talented team that is passionate about empowering student’s success through education.
- Deliver classroom instruction and support students during exercises and projects
- Constantly strive for excellence by improving existing curriculum and developing new curriculum
- Grade assignments and provide feedback to students
- Assist in the admissions process by interviewing prospective students
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of Java (or equivalent OO language) development experience
- Java EE experience (Spring MVC, REST, JPA.)
Ideally, you possess…
- Teaching/mentoring experience
We offer a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 9 paid holidays; 15 days flexible paid time off; competitive medical; dental and vision insurance; 401K and flexible spending reimbursement account.