Product | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Title: Product Manager
Full-Time, in the Chicago office, Corporate Team
Sittercity, a high growth, fast-paced and dynamic web company, is seeking to fill a Product Manager position.
You’ll drive the development of product enhancements and new products for our corporate clients. We’re looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience in B2B product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams. This is an ideal job for a polished software product manager with 3-5 years of experience who wants to be part of a rapidly growing business, feel ownership over their work, and work hard at achieving dramatic success in a vibrant market.
You will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
To be considered, you'll bring the following:
Demonstrated ability to
- Own the vision and product roadmap; determine key initiatives to drive your products forward
- Understand market needs and client/user pain points. Define appropriate product solutions; implement phase solutions to deliver incremental business value
- Define and measure product success
- Document requirements for new product enhancements, consult with UX team, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and other product managers
- Experience with delivering excellent products, ideally consumer-facing web applications
- Ability to appropriately use data to derive insights that drive prioritization decisions, strong product design judgment and instincts
- Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to think on your feet, and generalize solutions
- Experience with giving presentations to a variety of internal or external audiences
- Experience with providing Sales support via customer and prospect visits
- Experience with Agile product development
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to travel
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in a software product management role
- Demonstrated success defining and launching web-based products
- Strong technical background
- Ability to pass a background investigation
We operate in a casual and fun environment in River North. Perks include weekly on-site yoga classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly lunches, and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance as well as 3 weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify.