Technical Support Engineer
Customer Support | Yoqneam, Israel | Full Time
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be a member of an exciting team that solves challenging Silk technical issues for our customers. You will work directly with customers and with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, and help resolve customer issues effectively and professionally.
Also, you will work with colleagues in Professional Services and Development Engineering to implement and influence new offerings using Silk solutions and other supporting technologies. You will identify and drive product and customer experience improvements by providing insights in a well-articulated, data-driven manner that identifies the product/service challenges of our customers.
Provide in-depth technical support and work directly with customers, remotely as well as on-site, if required.
Independently investigate and troubleshoot customer problems to resolution.
Perform corrective maintenance activities with customers such as hardware replacements, and software configuration improvements.
Conduct preventative maintenance, such as software upgrades, as needed.
Collaborate with Global Support and Engineering on advanced issues.
Provide in-depth product knowledge to facilitate the following:
Understand and deliver on customer needs and requirements for the company’s product and with elements of the customer’s environment.
Effectively advocate for improvements on the customers’ behalf to Engineering and Product teams.
Write technical whitepapers and application notes.
- Strong team player working with an inclusive, global team is paramount.
- Excellent customer service skills and a customer-focused attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills: troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution determination while using good judgment/decision-making abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (spoken and written English is mandatory, but additional languages are a plus).
- Effective learning skills and the willingness to learn new things and adapt quickly.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- A genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase the technical skill level required.
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative.
- Required Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, Linux, and MS Windows OS; Strong knowledge of hypervisor solutions (VMWare and Hyper-V; Strong knowledge of FC and iSCSI protocols and Ethernet networking.
- Preferred Technical Skills: Knowledge of Google GCP and AWS Cloud Platforms; Knowledge Enterprise SAN Storage fundamentals; Scripting skills, including Python, PowerShell.
- Five or more years’ experience working in a “customer-facing” role as a technical support engineer.
- Experience in systems deployment/admin, network operations, software support or IT Consulting with recent work experience in a customer-facing role is a major plus.
Silk is the database supercharger -- the smart platform that delivers game-changing database performance without changing a thing about your underlying apps or database infrastructure, whether you’re running real-time transactional workloads or analytical workloads -- so your entire stack runs 10x faster. And with always-on availability across regions, zones and clouds, your databases keep going strong no matter what the cloud throws at you. Industry leaders like Comcast, Cisco and Telefonica rely on Silk for unlimited cloud flexibility, unbreakable data resiliency and the greatest database performance of their lives.
Ready to join the Silk Squad?