Performance and interop. Engineer
Engineering | Yoqneam, Israel | Full Time
- Ensures Silk products offer the best performance on all relevant applications, workloads, and systems.
- Enable, develop, customize and adapt applications so that they can run effectively on Silk technology while emphasizing Silk value.
- Gather and analyze performance data, as well as recommend improvements in Silk products and deliverables to increase performance for specific customer applications and also in general common workloads.
- A specific focus of enterprise database applications such as MySQL, OracleDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Benchmark and tune Silk software and hardware to maximize performance in highly parallel environments.
- Develop tools and infrastructure for automating benchmarking and data analysis processes.
- Interact with customers and enable Silk products adoption, with emphasis on high performance and smooth assimilation.
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, evaluate performance to demonstrate value, and deliver production-quality code.
- Software and Hardware performance analysis for all Silk products.
- Work within the R&D & Product teams to make sure that the customer application needs, are addressed by the Silk platform capabilities.
Qualifications and technical skills:
- Expertise in high-performance, parallel, and distributed systems.
- Expertise in storage systems/data platforms internals (databases, storage stack, and protocols, filesystems) a plus.
- Expertise in software engineering best practices. Great understanding of OS concepts.
- Experience and knowledge of database’s installation and fine-tuning (i.e. Oracle, MS_SQL) – a plus.
- Experience with conducting failure analysis and proposing resolutions.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Expertise in Data Center Compute and Networking.
- Good knowledge of performance monitoring metrics and tools.
- Coding skills in scripting languages (Bash, Python) is a big advantage.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure is a big advantage.
- A proven track record in delivering production-quality server-side software is a big advantage.
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (IaaS and PaaS) a plus.
- Storage protocols expertise – iSCSI/FC/NVMeOF/NFS a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar role with hands-on
- Highly motivated, eagerness to learn and face new technological challenges, quick learner.
- Resourceful, autonomous, takes initiative, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English - written and verbal.
Silk is the database supercharger -- the smart platform that delivers game-changing database performance without changing a thing about your underlying apps or database infrastructure, whether you’re running real-time transactional workloads or analytical workloads -- so your entire stack runs 10x faster. And with always-on availability across regions, zones and clouds, your databases keep going strong no matter what the cloud throws at you. Industry leaders like Comcast, Cisco and Telefonica rely on Silk for unlimited cloud flexibility, unbreakable data resiliency and the greatest database performance of their lives.
Ready to join the Silk Squad?