Customer Support | United States | Full Time
Silk’s Cloud Data Platform optimizes everything about life in the cloud. The Silk team is made up of the brightest business and technical minds out there, making your role at Silk both energizing and rewarding. At Silk, customers are #1 and we know from experience that winning together is the only way to go.
As an Escalation Engineer, you will be a senior member of an exciting team that solves challenging Silk technical issues for our customers. You will work directly with developers, customers, and with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, and help resolve customer issues most effectively and professionally possible.
Also, you will work with the Professional Services and Development Engineer teams as a primary point of contact for implementing and influencing new offerings using Silk solutions and other supporting technologies. You will be responsible for educating and training your fellow team member on new solutions and new troubleshooting methods. You will identify and drive product and customer experience improvements by providing insights in a well-articulated, data-driven manner that identifies the product/service challenges of our customers.
- Positively represent Silk and communicate with customers via phone, email, remote sessions and on-site when required, to find solutions for technical issues.
- As a member of a team, you will pursue technical problems in the Enterprise space, involving broad and in-depth product knowledge by using collaboration with and mentoring of other Engineers on the team. Frequently, these problems are politically charged situations as well, requiring the highest level of customer service and communication skills.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases and escalations.
- Deliver training sessions to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions thought data and log analysis and technical reproductions.
- Consistently share best practices. Write technical documentation and knowledge base articles for guiding other team members and customers.
- Strong team building skills working with an inclusive, global team is paramount.
- Excellent customer service skills and a customer-focused attitude.
- Technical leadership skills: Having the ability to guide and mentor other engineers.
- Strong problem-solving skills: troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution determination while using good judgment/decision-making abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (spoken and written English is mandatory, but additional languages are a plus)
- Effective learning skills and the willingness to learn new things and adapt quickly.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase the technical skill level required.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative.
- Required Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, Linux, and MS Windows OS; Strong knowledge of hypervisor solutions (VMWare and Hyper-V; Strong knowledge of FC and iSCSI protocols and Ethernet networking.
- Preferred Technical Skills: Knowledge of Google GCP and AWS Cloud Platforms; Knowledge Enterprise SAN Storage fundamentals; Scripting skills, including Python, PowerShell.
- 5 or more years’ experience working in a “customer-facing” role as a technical support engineer.
- Strong experience working directly with R&D/Development Engineering teams.
- Experience in systems deployment/admin, network operations, software support or IT Consulting with recent work experience in a customer-facing role is a major plus.
Silk gives your cloud databases superpowers, so they reach performance levels you've never even dreamed of. The Silk Platform sits neatly between your cloud infrastructure and your database. Silk adds a smart, resilient yet invisible layer that transforms your databases into a cloud powerhouse allowing it to optimize your data without any change to your DB or applications, making your cloud environment run 10x faster, and your entire stack more resilient to any infrastructure hiccup or malfunctions. Whether you need faster, consistent response time in your real-time databases, or need to accelerate your analytics - Silk launches the performance you need. So why underperform when you can Silk instead?
Ready to join the Silk Squad?