Screen Printing Press Operator
Production | Bend, OR | Part Time
Our screen printers are amazing artists in their own right, with special attention to details and problem solving abilities. Our team is looking for an individual who wants to be passionate in creating stellar custom, high-quality silicone drinkware for our growing, diverse customer base, and who can contribute to and flourish in a positive working environment.
Responsibilities and duties of a Screen Printer at Silipint
- Operate a variety of printing production equipment. Including screen and pad print machines, dark room equipment, wash-out stations, belt/tunnel dryer.
- Mix silicone inks to match Pantone colors specified in order details. Achieve perfect artwork alignment by making adjustments to machinery. Burn, wash and reclaim screens using darkroom equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find solutions, know when and how to ask for help while still being independent and productive.
- Help to perform preventative maintenance on equipment in the printing department. Keep a clean, tidy workstation and be willing to contribute positively and proactively to the cleanliness and safety needs of our warehouse.
- Carry out printing process controls to maintain production efficiencies as established. Become aware of all printing duties, run rates and expectations to meet production timelines and custom order details. Be willing and assertive in ways to improve and grow our business.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Silipint crew members. We put utmost value on our culture and the relationships built on integrity and respect, and do not tolerate otherwise.
Requirements to be a great fit in our culture and in this position
- Extremely process driven and detail oriented for screen print preparation, production and cleanup.
- Mechanically inclined, making safe and efficient adjustments to screen printing equipment.
- Understanding of color theory for ink mixing and desire for perfection.
- Willingness to abide by the safety standards set forth in our warehouse.
- Reliability, strong work ethic, efficiency and desire for advancement.
- Ability to safely lift 35 pounds and operate screen printing machinery.
- Ownership of your job responsibilities, attitude and contributions.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 90-day trial period.
- Bonus’ at discretion of management
- Lots of great silicone drinkware!
Pay and schedule
- 20-25 hours, Mon-Fri, 5 hour shifts to start, flexible daytime hours for two weeks while training, then straight to full time 40-hour weeks. Paid hourly DOE.
Silipint is innovative and unbreakable, with a commitment to fun, the environment and to becoming your constant adventure companion. We are the platypus of the drinkware world: an unusual hybrid with a built-in sense of creativity. As the world’s first silicone drinkware manufacturer, and a utility patent to produce, sell and distribute silicone cups in the US, we're growing and looking for a motivated, like-minded team member to contribute in our journey from start-up to success. We set big goals, roll up our sleeves and get after it. Join us!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter through our website via JobScore. https://www.silipint.com/discover/about-silipint/careers-lb/ Please state why you’re interested in working with Silipint in particular, and address how you meet each skill set. Boilerplate cover letters are highly discouraged. Thank you for taking the time to consider joining our team. We cannot respond to every applicant, no phone calls please. If we’d like to schedule an interview, we will contact you via email or phone. Cheers!