Engineering | Fairfax, VA | Full Time
Silent Solutions is hiring a software engineer, whose role will span multiple projects. The entry to mid-level position focuses on developing requirements, software design, programming and database applications, and testing. This position will work on an entire software development life cycle, as well as analyzing any issues that may arise. We seek individuals who will help answer the questions “How does this work?” and “How well does it work?”
This position will also encompass working with new technologies for the United States Postal System. Some exciting new projects include designing and coding for a process that will automate the complete mail processing flow within the processing center. This system makes use of automation and robotic technology. The work also involves live pilot systems that are running in centers around the nation.
This engineer will also be to solve problems and create solutions outside the box. The USPS has seen a 15-18% growth in package mail over the past few years, leading to a need in new ways to handle these pieces. They’ll be working with new and existing packaging systems, encompassing technologies that include imaging, real-time control, high volume data tracking and other challenging arenas.
- B.S. in Computer Science and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a programmer/developer and software engineer
- Experience working in a team and translating requirements into engineering specification
- Experience developing from the user’s perspective
- An ability to model on SEI Level 3 or higher or experience working at an organization that does so
- A solid background in C# (Microsoft Visual Studio), C++ programming, PHP and Python
- Oracle (12c) application development experience (PL/SQL)
- Experience with Linux or Unix operating system and Windows 2012
- Experience working with embedded mobile devices such as Windows Mobile
- Demonstrate strong design capability
- Work and collaborate within a team
- Real-time software design and development experience
- Ability to track development work through testing, configuration control and release