Senior Rails Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Why Work at Signature?
We are looking for independent thinkers who are looking to join our fast growing retail start-up with premiere clients. Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy being challenged with interesting problems and solving them creatively? Join a start-up team with a cutting edge technology, real customers, and income. Plus, we’re in a great location South of Market. We offer full benefits and competitive salaries. We’re a start-up, but we keep reasonable hours and offer flexible schedules and work locations.
What is Signature?
Signature is a customer relationship retail app. We’re using technology to making shopping easier and more fun. The app allows shoppers to get exclusive in-store event notifications, book appointments and email directly with sales associates. We’ve launched with Neiman Marcus and 7 for All Mankind jeans and are about to announce our next big customers.
Who we're looking for
Rails Engineer - strong on databases and a real bent towards scalability + architecture
The Signature team is looking for an experienced Rails Engineer to join our small but growing team of all-stars. You will have the opportunity to provide a key leadership role during the early but stable stage of the company’s growth.
Your job will be to use code to solve problems
We’re looking for a self-starter to build features from the ground up. You’ll be joining a 6-person engineering team, and working alongside other experienced developers. We are on the cutting edge of the retail industry, so we never run out of new and interesting problems to solve.
- A real passion for solving problems, and shipping solutions that work.
- Fluent in Ruby.
- Proven track record in developing internet applications.
- Strong bent towards scalability + architecture. Understand async programming, fibers, threading, etc.
- Strong on databases.
- Knowledge of other imperative languages like Java, Scala, Python, C. Functional languages a bonus (e.g., Erlang, Haskell).
- Interest/experience in PaaS like Heroku or EngineYard.
- Knowledge of Node, Hadoop, Cassandra, CouchDB and Redis.
- Devops experience and fluency in UNIX
- Passionate about your work
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Equal willingness to learn and teach
- Sense of humor
Working at Signature
Signature is a fast growing San Francisco-based company. The team has raised angel funding and is in the process of raising a Series A. The team is based in SoMa directly opposite the Caltrain at 330 Townsend Street.
Interested? Send us your resume, we’d love to set up a time to meet.