Vice President of Business Development
Business Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking an experienced and hungry leader to build a pipeline of new business opportunities, significantly expand Sidebench’s client and project portfolio, grow a world-class business development team, and support the development of new offerings and Sidebench methodologies to fit emerging market needs.
The focus of this role is to deepen and broaden our relationships with C-level executives, top-tier Founders, high-value connectors and partners, and the general startup, tech, and IT communities. The candidate must thrive in a model that requires fusing a wide array of consulting, design, and development capabilities to present comprehensive custom solutions to clients.
Candidates should have a proven track record of scaling an advisory business and growing annual services billings through client relationships. This role will be expected to constantly learn and grow along with the organization, be willing to operate in a hands-on and dynamic environment and maintain significant personal client engagement for key accounts.
To properly execute on new business opportunities, the person in this role will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Core member of the leadership team responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps to increase market share, brand, and client awareness.
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes on a regular basis
- Build an extensive network and client list that includes potential partners in tech, health, government, and others
- Present Sidebench’s value propositions to clients across multiple markets, addressing their key business drivers in the most compelling way; Understand client need and build a vision for how Sidebench’s services and solutions will materially impact client business drivers
- Achieve ambitious sales quota via networking into new client accounts by leveraging existing relationships, targeted account planning, prospecting efforts, and marketing initiatives
- Be proficient in validating/identifying and building relationships with all key individuals within a client’s organization
- Drive contract negotiations with clients, leveraging internal legal and business partners as appropriate
- Support initial project solutions and pitch development with the Delivery team, collaborating with internal stakeholders (Product, Technology, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Delivery and Account Management) to effectively close new client deals
- Maintain pipeline progress, forecast accuracy, and opportunity progression via CRM
- Analyze our current sales strategies and regularly improve our processes
Experience and Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role at a similar type of company. In addition, they should also possess the following skills:
- Proven track record of closing $2.0M to $5.0M+ in annual consulting/design/development billings, having demonstrated sales experience with selling custom application development, technology consulting, user experience research and design, and/or other relevant digital/tech advisory services (e-commerce, systems integration, data analytics, etc.) into new client accounts
- Highly skilled in all aspects of consultative sales and business development to include prospecting/sourcing, initiation, deal qualification, closure, and customer satisfaction/client management
- Proven track record of opening new accounts and expanding them with the support of a delivery team; and adeptness in building high-quality relationships versus having a purely impersonal transactional approach
- Critical thinker with strong negotiating and strategic selling skills, and the ability to see the big picture while also understanding key project-level details
- Highly developed organizational, planning, and management skills; Creating a business plan, assessing new markets, qualifying targets, and prioritizing sales efforts
- Proven ability to develop/drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- Strong team building skills with a predisposition for building consensus and achieving goals through collaboration
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure
- The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, resourceful, collaborative, and personable
- Hungry, Humble, Smart; High Sales IQ yet open to coaching and investing in personal and professional growth
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Job Training & Conferences
- Ample Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Company Outings
- Happy Hours
- Stocked Kitchen
- Casual Dress
- And so much more!
This role’s compensation package includes a generous blend of base salary and sales commission-based and profit-based bonuses