Operations | Halifax, NS, Canada
SHS Services Management is a National Services Management Company. We have built alliances with Canada's most trusted craftsmen to be able to provide Canadian homeowners with Consistent, Reliable Home Services for virtually every area of their home.
It is the primary responsibility of the Install Manager to ensure all jobs in the department are completed correctly to the required standard and dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overall responsible for Quality, Capacity and Cycle times and installer commerce as described by Customer requests.
- Recruiting of Installers and estimators to ensure cycle times are kept to a minimum.
- Retaining an effective and efficient installer team.
- Determine and facilitate training.
- Promote a positive morale and SHS value proposition.
- When needed give field and technical support by phone or on site.
- Regular site visits for quality assurance.
- Oversees all subcontractors, builds relationships and motivates installer base.
- Compliance of Installers (WCB, CGL, Security Clearances and Job Duties).
- On boarding installers as per SHS policy.
- Understands pricing model and invoicing procedures.
- Customer "Issues" management.
- Service repairs & Installs when necessary.
- Negotiate Solutions.
- Builds relationships with customers - i.e. Understand the customer segments relative to installation capacity and recruitment.
- Responsible for building customer segment relationships.
- Works with Operations Coordinator to ensure work gets scheduling effectively.
- Train all installers to follow SHS procedures for product pick up and work flow process in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Cost Control / Charge Back Review.
- Management of Charge Backs.
- Proper document submission by Installers (waivers, invoices, etc.)
- Execution of market labor / comp shop program monthly or as required.
- Coordinates all programs as per SHS policy (provides program adjustment requests and program feedback to Product NIM).
- Ensure Operations Coordinator is resolving invoicing or installers concerns relative to Work Order Completion.
- Compliant with all safety practices and procedures.
- And other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5-10 years trade experience in roofing, windows and doors and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven Success in similar position.
- Able to lead a team of installers and hold them accountable to deliver corporate profile.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Works well under pressure with limited supervision.
- Experience with field management software would be an asset.
- Office Environment, store, customer's work site, warehouse, and branch .
- Business Hours, Monday through Friday and weekends/ evenings as required.
- Some Travel Required.