Finance | Chicago, IL | Full Time
We have an excellent opportunity for a self-driven and competent Collection Specialist. Responsible for all aspects of collections, resolve customer billing and reduce Days Sales Outstanding (DSO). Must be professional, flexible and to be able to work with high volume collection calls and emails in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability:
- Primary focus is to contact customers to collect past due invoices.
- Review and analyze accounts receivable aging.
- Understand and follow electronic billing life cycle process to take appropriate actions to resolve accounts receivable.
- Document collection status using Salesforce, spreadsheet and Intacct.
- Handle incoming phone calls and transfer to appropriate personnel.
- Research and process cancellations, refunds and write offs.
- Process credit memos and account adjustments.
- Monitor accounts on a daily basis to identify high risk accounts.
- Investigate historical data for debts and bills.
- Take action to encourage timely payments.
- Update customer account status records such as new customer information and new credit card information.
- Support Accounting personnel to reconcile accounts on month end closings.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties.
- Experience with Collection and Billing software.
- Ability to use discretion and judgement in resolving inquiries and issues.
- Ability to work with various departments.
- Comfortable working with targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
ShowingTime is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. Those who have served in our Armed Forces are encouraged to apply! Your privacy and confidentiality are important to us (M/F/D/V)