Senior Sales Planning Manager
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers, ranging from H&M and Unilever to Best Buy and Purina, to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
Shopkick is looking for a Senior Sales Planning Manager to join and manage our growing team. This person will work closely with the Revenue + Sales Strategy team leads to ensure best in class client service and to build unique and compelling proposals that leverage the Shopkick product stack in response to Fortune 500 client. The Sales Planning Manager will also partner closely with Operations and Client Analytics to manage and improve our internal inventory forecasting and benchmarking tools.
- Oversee the Sales Planning department with 4-5 direct reports
- Manage the RFP Pipeline & determine account assignments by Sales Planner
- Partner with Sales Strategy and Sales leadership to oversee Shopkick’s Ratecard and preferred pricing agreements (MSA/Upfront)
- Manage special pricing requests as needed from Sales, monitoring and reporting on Shopkick’s gross profit on a quarterly basis
- Partner with leads in Client Analytics, Operations and Account Management to understand performance trends and incorporate learnings into planning process
- Track closed-business and provide account classification analysis across Shopkick’s account tiers (Key, Secondary, Pool)
- Present quarterly success metrics and recommendations for improvement to Sales leadership team
- Responsible for Deal Hub + Salesforce upkeep; identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and accuracy and developing implementation plan
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4 years experience in a sales planning role within mobile, digital or retail planning; agency, publisher or client side. 1-2 years experience in managerial role overseeing direct reports and department strategy
- Ability to make proactive contributions to the sales team through self-defined tasks and areas of ownership
- Highly organized individual, able to properly manage time & prioritize projects
- Detail-oriented and eager to problem-solve and present new ideas
- Excellent communicator: you enjoy and excel at communicating with a wide variety of individuals and aren’t afraid to voice your ideas. Must also have clarity and professionalism in client communications
- Hard worker, who is adaptable, flexible and a self-starter; you work extremely well under tight deadlines while wearing many different hats
- Must be proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel with strong mathematical skills
- BA/BS required
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.