Senior Data Analyst
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Shopkick is the most engaging rewards program, with an enthusiastic community of users who spend more time in-app and web than any other shopping experience. For consumers, we bring moments of joy to everyday shopping, dining, and leisure activities by offering fun ways to earn rewards (that we call kicks). They are similar to points in a mileage rewards program and can be redeemed for a wide variety of gift cards. For brands and retailers, we drive sales by providing high consumer engagement along the entire path to purchase--without the use of margin dilutive coupons. Our unique pay for performance model has been proven to deliver high ROI, driving incremental traffic, visits to shelves and stores, and sales across platforms: online, mobile and in-store. Some of our leading partners include Best Buy, Clorox, Coty, GSK, Georgia Pacific, Marshalls, Nestle, Purina, TJ Maxx, and Unilever, among others. Shopkick is available for free on the iPhone from the App Store and for Android on Google Play.
Shopkick is in search of a Senior Data Analyst to support its Marketing, Growth & Merchandising team. A successful candidate will be an experienced data analyst who is ready to take their experience, skills and ideas to the next level and wants to be in the driver seat to help grow revenue, user acquisition, and retention for Shopkick. The ideal candidate is part analyst, part marketer and part business leader--as they will identify opportunities and help multiple teams pursue them.
As a high growth company, we are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and embodies the company's mission and culture. You’re a team player who excels at driving business results and making strategic recommendations based on data and testing. You work exceptionally well cross-functionally with strong communication and leadership skills. You will report to the CMO. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with multiple teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information and insights across multiple sources
- Conduct sophisticated data analysis and provide clear, actionable recommendations to business problems
- Develop hypotheses to grow mobile merchandising commerce revenue based on observed consumer behavior and orchestrate a/b testing calendar
- Help the marketing team optimize their in-app merchandising and promotions, email and push notifications
- Identify promotional opportunities that can be packaged up as “add-on” buys for m-commerce partners, delivering incremental value to both partners and consumers
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to institutionalize findings and translate findings into actionable merchandising and marketing plans
- Run weekly merchandising analytics meetings to review performance and “so what” for go-forward plans for the extended Digital Merchandising & Lifecycle Marketing team
- Prepare and communicate results to internal clients, e.g. Marketing, Digital Merchandising, Sales and Product at middle to senior level management in the organization
- Manage, design, execute continuous and ad-hoc quantitative analysis to solve specific business questions and derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner
- 5+ years experience performing data analysis for growth, marketing, merchandising, and/or business teams
- Passion for solving sophisticated business problems and unearthing opportunities for revenue and profit optimization using data
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to translate data findings into actionable “so what” business impact statements and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a/b testing to improve online or mobile conversion
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Google Analytics
- Experience unearthing actionable insights using SQL, Google Analytics and Tableau
- Strong working knowledge in the majority of the following data areas: data analytics, data mining, personalization and experiment design and analysis
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills and a desire to help multiple teams succeed
- Extremely analytical, organized and detail-oriented
- Highly driven to achieve and accomplish significant results
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Economics
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.