React Developer - Toronto
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers, ranging from H&M and Unilever to Best Buy and Purina, to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
Shopkick is looking for an experienced React Developer to help build our campaign management portal. To be successful in this role you will have the desire to work on a mission critical system used every day to operate a service for millions of users, be highly independent, have a strong feel for quality UI/UX, and have great communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working independently, and be willing to take ownership of the components they produce. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Defining the framework and code organization for the front-end
- Enforcing great software engineering practices and refactoring existing code to a higher standard
- Liaising with server developers and stakeholders to cooperatively build an easy-to-use product
- Translating gathered requirements into an intuitive and polished user experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, building and implementing web applications
- Deep experience with React
- UX skills a major plus
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.