Internal Application: Product Manager
Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers, ranging from H&M and Unilever to Best Buy and Purina, to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
Shopkick is looking for a Product Manager with strong business acumen, outstanding analytical skills, and experience in developing consumer facing products. You will be responsible for the end to end product development that includes understanding our users through analytics data and user research, building, organizing and prioritizing requirements, planning and executing on the roadmap by working closely with engineering, design, sales and marketing to ensure product objectives are met. To succeed in this role you will need the following: strong customer empathy, can-do attitude, data driven approach and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, results-driven culture.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop Strong understanding of our Users working with UX research and Analytics teams
- Understand customer needs and market/competitive landscape and develop strategic direction for the product
- Continuously understand user behavior insights by designing & launching A/B tests to iterate on product features to drive positive impact
- Manage experiments & features through a product roadmap and prioritize features based on the defined success metrics and level of effort
- Use qualitative and quantitative techniques to explore concepts with target customers. Move those with most promise into prototyping, for further vetting and refinement.
- Translate that understanding into high quality requirements, and work with engineers and designers to translate them into shippable products.
- Define metrics that inform product success and monitor/measure product performance to feed learnings back into the product development process
- Work with marketing to effectively communicate value proposition of the released product features to end users and internal stakeholders
Manage post launch / live products by monitoring key metrics data and work with Customer Support to address any issues and/or opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with passion about launching high value products for our users
- Demonstrated success defining and launching consumer facing product features
- Strong understanding of managing a scrum team in a fast paced agile software development environment
- Strategic and demonstrably data driven with strong analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in product management (minimum 3 years)
- Technical background preferred- a degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in mobile gaming apps a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.