Director of Engineering, Consumer Mobile Products
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
At Shopkick, we envision a world where people truly enjoy a delightful and fun shopping experience full of surprises, whether online, on the phone, or in-store. Our vision is to create rewarding shopping, dining and leisure experiences for the millions of Shopkick users and connect them with the brands and products they love and can relate to in meaningful ways.
We are looking for a strong Director of Engineering with a sky-high ambition to lead the iOS, Android and mobile app engineering teams to build the best in business Mobile User experience. In this role, you will lead 2 engineering teams and drive product development and innovation for our mobile products. In this role, you will be working closely with Product and Marketing teams and have an opportunity to create a solid technical vision for our mobile products and build a team to execute towards the roadmap.
This also is a perfect opportunity for you if you are ready to bring out your passion and pride and showcase your consumer and mobile technology leadership skills. Moreover, you will be joining this team at a time as Shopkick looks to grow its business beyond its familiar territory and looks to build vibrant and interactive mobile consumer experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will manage a growing team of iOS, Android and Integration server engineers working on the Consumer App teams
- Manage and own the delivery of the Mobile Product roadmap along with Product Management
- Improve and enforce agile product development process to drive efficient and predictable execution across teams while maintaining high quality
- Work with the Product Management and UX Design team on building new consumer experiences and features
- Design and integrate new api’s working with our platform engineering teams
- Enforce a strong data analytics and tagging framework so we can measure user interactions on the app
- You have an impeccable ability to create clarity, simplicity and focus even in ambiguous and unclear situations
- You have a good mix of the intellect, empathy, integrity, and technical acumen to quickly earn the trust of a technically solid team
- Minimum of 5-7 years managing the development and shipping an iOS/Android applications
- Hands-on Programming experience and domain knowledge on iOS and/or Android
- You have a strong understanding and knowledge of software development methodologies
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of A/B testing framework to aid decisions regarding a new interface/feature
- You take pride in delivering robust, high quality software products in a timely manner
- Experience building SDKs and frameworks a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience managing a team of Engineers for at least 5 years.
- 7+ years with full stack development experience; Experience with IOS, Python development is a big plus.
- Experience in leading designs and architecture for distributed systems
- Has knowledge about GCP, Kuberneties or similar technology
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.