Data | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Shopkick, the leading multi-chain shopper rewards app, is looking for a Data Analyst who will provide insights to our most important clients, use data analysis to improve the Shopkick app/product, and bring an analytical perspective to teams across the company.
We are actively seeking candidates who combine both the baseline technical skills required (see below) with strong “soft” abilities, including communication, influence, presentation, and prioritization. This role will provide the right candidate with an unusually broad level of influence at Shopkick and exceptionally strong opportunities for growth.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Developing dashboards and reporting to support revenue teams as needed
- Attending “live” (zoom) meetings with sales teams, clients, and Marketing to represent Shopkick from an Analytics perspective
- Using SQL, Python, Excel, and/or other BI tools to answer ad-hoc questions about client campaign performance.
- Creating custom analysis of the Shopkick user base to generate insights about user growth and retention
- Driving increased user retention and lower cost-per-activation, in concert with Marketing
- Constructing and oversee A/B/* experiments as part of Shopkick’s “test-and-learn” culture
- Creating benchmarks and other aggregate insights that would be of interest to key clients, the press, and other external partners
- Creating, measuring, and documenting KPIs that will drive focus across the business
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative field (Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analysis, etc.).
- Ability to create intermediate-level SQL, from scratch, including table joins, subqueries, and basic window functions (rank, row_number, etc.).
- Understanding of data visualization best-practices and significant experience in at least one tool through which that understanding can be expressed (Excel, Tableau, Python / matplotlib or other visualization libraries, etc.)
- Experience with one or more data visualization / dashboarding tools, esp. Sisense / Tableau / PowerBI / etc.
- Ability to construct intermediate level Python or R code to assist with data cleaning, transformation, analysis, or visualization
- Interest in “both sides” of our business, including how to make the user’s in-app experience better and how to improve service and performance for our advertising clients
- Ability to translate analytical results to a data-supported story; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in digital advertising; understanding of advertising principles
- 2+ Years of experience in a similar role
A Plus If You:
- Have experience with Google BigQuery or other columnar data store (Vertica, etc.) or “big data” technologies
- Have experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Have a Master’s Degree in a related field
- Have experience with common 3rd party event-based analytics packages, such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, or Mixpanel
- Have experience with advertising campaign analysis
- Have experience with app user analytics
- Have comfort with statistical analysis (i.e. can prove that differences in outcomes are statistically significant at a target level)
- Have Stephen Few, Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, or Edward Tufte on your bookshelf
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.