Senior Backend Engineer
Engineering | Copenhagen S, Denmark | Full Time
Founded in 2009, ShopGun's mission is to give people the ability to get anything.
We're known for our highly popular shopping app. ShopGun has more than 1,7 million downloads in Denmark, making it one of the most popular apps in Denmark - quite a few downloads in a country with a population of just 5,6 million people.
ShopGun is the helping hand in shopping, letting people find offers from local stores, get inspiration from catalogs, and plan shopping with shopping and wish lists that can be shared with friends and family.
Recently, we've launched in Norway and Sweden and we're looking to become the helping hand in shopping for people in many more countries.
Our team consists of 25 people with multiple nationalities, all working out of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Christian Birch and Morten Bo Rønsholdt founded ShopGun in 2009. Our investors include Karsten Ree Holding (who sold Den Blå Avis to eBay).
We're looking for a talented backend engineer to help us develop and architect new and existing services. We're increasingly working towards a more decoupled infrastructure where RabbitMQ is at the center of everything. We believe a lot in service reusability and not just code reusability. We're always asking ourselves how to generalize a service into a single purpose that it does well. We also care deeply about building stable systems but still move fast. See this blog post written by one of our engineers and architects on our ideology.
This position is for you if want to have great impact both in terms of infrastructure and services but also in the amount of people you'll reach.
- Expert level functional programming.
- Profiling experience.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and concurrency.
- M.Sc/B.Sc in computer science.
- Creative and bright co-workers.
- Make a big difference in many households and companies.
- Work with a company that prioritizes simplicity and quality.
- Work on very interesting things.
- Spacious and modern office in Ørestad with great transportation options (Øresundstoget, metro, motorway, airport etc.)
- Awesome lunch.
- The Scanomat TopBrewer that grinds and brews some good coffee.
- The usual start-up'y perks like a fridge with Red Bull, soda etc.
- Game room with PS4 and no windows where you can relax.
- Flexible working hours.
- Massage every second week.
- Different working environment at the office (closed room, couch etc.).
- Almost everything you need is located below you as we're located on top of Denmark's biggest shopping center Field's (shopping, hairdresser, dentist etc.).
- You'll get a laptop of your choice.