Customer Support Specialist, Flex Hours
Customer Support | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Part Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
Shop.co is an international tech startup that revolutionizes the way people shop online
We are a team of serial entrepreneurs and developers working in two offices across the globe (Düsseldorf, Germany and San Francisco, USA). We have raised USD 7 million in our seed stage, allowing us to build a life-changing product and a cutting-edge automation technology that works on every store in the US – no store-side integration required. After our launch in the US we are now looking to set up our team for the series A and scaling phase.
Want to see how it works? Product Introduction (Video)
Shop.co’s revolutionary Universal Shopping Cart and app lets you add any product from any online store, view final prices (and even automatically apply coupons), checkout everywhere without login or registration, and keep track of all your shopping info in one amazing shopping dashboard! No more endless open tabs, lengthy registration forms, or FOMO-inspiring blank coupon code fields.
What does a day in the life at Shop.co look like? Expect never-ending new challenges, a prioritization philosophy that emphasizes learning and customer-first, and a lot of team collaboration with a group of friendly, collaborative and wicked smart colleagues.
We are looking to a Customer Support Specialist to help part-time with operations, order processing and customer service to ensure our users have an incredible experience. The role will be 20-30 hours/week in our office in downtown San Francisco with flexible hours, weighted towards evenings and weekends. For candidates with relevant experience, the pay is $18 per hour, including paid training. Experience in a startup or customer service role is preferred! We are growing quickly and there is the potential for the right candidate to transition to a full-time salaried role with our Product, Marketing, or Customer Operations teams. If you’ve been curious about what life is like inside a fast growing consumer startup, this is a fantastic opportunity to see it from the inside.
- Process orders with our order management tool.
- Assist customers with any technical or support issues (returns, login troubles, price discrepancies etc.)
- Respond to customers over live chat, email, and phone.
- Put the customer first. No task is too small or big when it comes to making a user’s experience delightful!
- Increase the accuracy and speed with which we process orders and make customers happy!
- Recognize and document technical issues, and coordinate with other departments to brainstorm solutions.
- Attention to detail: you can spot a grammatical error or price discrepancy at a moment's notice.
- Technical inclination: you like to mess around with new browser extensions and apps and enjoy learning about and using new technology.
- Team player: you enjoy working on a team and collaborating with your coworkers.
- Quick learner: You are excited to learn new systems and programs and want to pick them up as quickly as possible.
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, docs, sheets etc.)
- Support experience
- Passion for online shopping
If you would like to work with a world class team on a world class product with many opportunities to learn and grow, apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you!