Senior Web UI Developer
Web Development | Charlestown, MA | Full Time
Shoes.com is looking for a talented web UI developer to build world-class user interfaces for our retail web and online e-commerce applications. If you’re a web UI developer, and have the skills to create well-designed web interfaces resulting in rich, intuitive user experiences, then shoes.com would love an opportunity to talk to you. You’ll be building our brand for the future while helping to shape our technology direction, your voice will matter here.
The Senior Web UI Developer will be a key contributor to our Technology team and will work closely with our brand, merchandising, marketing, and our customer experience teams. This is a is a hands-on development role responsible for contributing to front-end UI design and code as well as mentoring other UI resources and software engineers on best practices. A successful candidate will bring passion with deep technical and software expertise within a fast moving, startup environment to deliver a solid experience to our customers.
This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, strong partnerships with our business stakeholders and an internal desire to deliver quality products on time. This is a unique and rare opportunity within a fast growing business to help shape our technology stack, processes and directly affect our business.
Upon coming on board, you can expect:
- To work with a passionate small/mid-size technology team dedicated to improve our customer experience, marketing channels with a focus on succeeding as One Team
- Rapid development cycles as part of an Agile team
- Ability to shape shoes.com’s roadmap and direction
- Effective collaboration within a tightly knit team of experts to learn from and showcase your experiences
- To work at a great location in Boston’s Financial District above downtown crossing with easy access to the commuter rail and T and walking distance to Government Center, Quincy Market, and the North End
- The best tools, including a new MacBook Pro (solid state drive) and dual monitor setup
- Generous benefits including extra holidays, partial 401k match, and bonus opportunities
This position may be for you if you have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering (equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of accomplishment as a front-end web based software developer proficient in XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3 (JSP and e-commerce experience preferred)
- Experience working as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment quickly responding to new requests and proactively finding new opportunities
- Hands-on experience with Responsive Design, Tablet and Mobile Web development using frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap
- Experience with modern development tools such as SASS, Grunt, Bower, and Git
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects while communicating accurate status to project leads
- Demonstrated passion about technology, with a strong interest in learning, exploring and proving use cases for newer technologies
You’ll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!!