Senior Web UI Developer
Web Development | Charlestown, MA | Full Time
Shoes.com is looking for a talented web UI developer to build world-class user interfaces for our retail web and online e-commerce applications. If you’re a web UI developer, and have the skills to create well-designed web interfaces resulting in rich, intuitive user experiences, then shoes.com would love an opportunity to talk to you. You’ll be building our brand for the future while helping to shape our technology direction, your voice will matter here.
The Senior Web UI Developer will be a key contributor to our Technology team and will work closely with our brand, merchandising, marketing, and our customer experience teams. This is a is a hands-on development role responsible for contributing to front-end UI design and code as well as mentoring other UI resources and software engineers on best practices. A successful candidate will bring passion with deep technical and software expertise within a fast moving, startup environment to deliver a solid experience to our customers.
This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, strong partnerships with our business stakeholders and an internal desire to deliver quality products on time. This is a unique and rare opportunity within a fast growing business to help shape our technology stack, processes and directly affect our business.
Upon coming on board, you can expect:
- To work with a passionate small/mid-size technology team dedicated to improve our customer experience, marketing channels with a focus on succeeding as One Team
- Rapid development cycles as part of an Agile team
- Ability to shape shoes.com’s roadmap and direction
- Effective collaboration within a tightly knit team of experts to learn from and showcase your experiences
- To work at a great location in Boston’s Financial District above downtown crossing with easy access to the commuter rail and T and walking distance to Government Center, Quincy Market, and the North End
- The best tools, including a new MacBook Pro (solid state drive) and dual monitor setup
- Generous benefits including extra holidays, partial 401k match, and bonus opportunities
This position may be for you if you have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering (equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of accomplishment as a front-end web based software developer proficient in XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3 (JSP and e-commerce experience preferred)
- Experience working as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment quickly responding to new requests and proactively finding new opportunities
- Hands-on experience with Responsive Design, Tablet and Mobile Web development using frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap
- Experience with modern development tools such as SASS, Grunt, Bower, and Git
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects while communicating accurate status to project leads
- Demonstrated passion about technology, with a strong interest in learning, exploring and proving use cases for newer technologies
You'll want to work at Shoes.com because:
Shoes.com makes it easy, fun and affordable for everyone to find shoes they love. We're driven by the belief that no matter what your journey, having the right pair of shoes can make all the difference. Every day we work to ensure that you find the perfect pair of shoes. That includes bringing you more than one million styles from over 800 of the best brands, through a seamless shopping experience on any device.
Shoes.com is headquartered in the greatest shoe city in the world-Boston, Massachusetts, the birthplace of shoe manufacturing. Founded in 2000 as Shoebuy.com, we launched the original online shoe store. Since then, we've served millions of customers of all shapes, sizes and tastes. In 2016, our own journey took a significant leap forward when we were acquired by Jet.com. Part of The Walmart US eCommerce division, Jet is one of the most forward-thinking and innovative online retailers in the world. With their support, we've greatly expanded and enhanced our ability to do what Shoes.com has always done: deliver a superior shoe-shopping experience.