Senior Manager, Marketplaces
Marketplaces/Partner Sites | Charlestown, MA | Full Time
As an essential member of the shoes.com Marketing Team, the Senior Manager, Marketplaces is responsible for developing and executing the strategy for shoes.com’s Marketplace partnerships, including but not limited to Ebay, Walmart, Jet and Overstock.
This role will be directly responsible for the strategy, in addition to day to day management of the Marketplace programs. He/she will be responsible for improving the current programs through feed enhancements, new marketplace partnerships, and other identified opportunities, in order to meet aggressive sales targets. This person will also work closely with the merchandising team in order to identify opportunities to gain greater brand participation.
The Senior Manager, Marketplaces will report to the Director of Marketplaces. We are looking for an energetic and self-guided individual, with the desire to continuously take on new challenges. He/she should have a technical background, and will be well-versed in Feeds Marketing.
Upon coming on board you can expect to:
- Define short and long term strategy for Marketplaces program.
- Manage all day to day aspects of the Marketplaces, including reporting, optimization, and partner management.
- Analyze performance by Marketplace to identify gaps & opportunities; provide recommendations based on gathered data & sales targets.
- Partner with tech team on all things feed-related, including fixing high priority current issues, trouble-shooting new issues and identifying opportunities to enhance current feeds.
- Analyze revenue opportunity in order to prioritize technical work.
- Work hand in hand with the merchants to identify opportunities to add additional products/brands to platforms, identify pricing opportunities & select products for deal programs.
- Foster relationships with Marketplace account teams, in order to stay top of mind when issues or opportunities arise.
- Manage external agency partner to ensure they’re delivering value, optimizing provided data and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Lead the launch of new Marketplaces to drive incremental revenue for shoes.com.
- Define and implement additional strategies to grow existing Marketplaces (i.e. shipping programs, international markets, pricing adjustments, etc.).
- Implement tracking mechanisms to understand feed stats, as well as listings on external Platforms
- Monitor competitive activity to understand performance and help drive decision-making
- Work closely with the pricing team to ensure accurate data entry of MAP product and develop pricing strategies for each marketplaces.
- Partner with warehouse/feed/customer service teams to ensure that seller performance ratings are maintained high, identify opportunities for improvement & implement changes.
- Lead seasonal projects (ex: Prime Day, BTS, Black Friday, Holiday), by working closely with Marketplaces partners & internal shoes.com teams to ensure successful planning & execution.
- Manage all marketplaces marketing program, including but not limited to co-op emails, sponsored listings, homepage placements, etc.
- Provide performance and progress updates to the Senior Leadership team
How success will be measured:
- Drive incremental sales in Marketplaces through Feed updates, new platforms, and brand additions.
This role may be for you if you have:
- 6+ years of related e-commerce/feeds experience (e-commerce, marketplaces or PLA).
- Expertise in ecommerce marketplaces a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Seller Central a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical requirements to internal team.
- Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Analytical, with the ability to prepare and analyze data and use it to optimize programs.
- Strong and effective communication skills (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel/Word/Powerpoint, with the ability to prepare reports and presentations.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to coordinate across multiple groups internally and externally.
- A keen ability to use data to drive business decisions.
- Like to deliver results and make an impact in an organization.
- Willingness to help develop internal processes to maximize efficiency.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- A passion for (preferred!) and knowledge of the fashion/footwear market.
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Charlestown, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!