Merchandising | Charlestown, MA | Full Time
As our Pricing Manager, you will have responsibility for analyzing internal and competitive market pricing data and making decisions that will help increase sales, profit and market share while attaining company financial objectives.
The Pricing Manager will report into Finance with dotted lines into Merchandising and Operations, and will support all pricing related responsibilities and analysis.
Upon coming on board you can expect to:
- Manage the administration and analysis of pricing to ensure that Shoes.com is price competitive in the market, relative to its major competitors
- Oversee the margin relationship between wholesale cost and retail prices for all brands and styles
- Use a 3rd party platform and other tools, ensure that price changes are managed timely and in a highly organized fashion to meet both top line and margin targets
- Evaluate current pricing strategies and competitive pricing data to make pricing recommendations that will maximize net sales and pricing margin
- Partner with Merchandising and Planning on pricing and markdown strategies
- Work closely with the marketplace team on evaluating various promotional opportunities
- Identify and resolve price optimization opportunities and make process change recommendations to positively impact top line and margin.
- Conduct analysis on every-day, promotional and discount strategies
- Manage brand related MAP lists and oversee compliance
- Provide insights, analysis and recommendations to Senior Management based on financial results
- Complete pricing analysis and create dashboards demonstrating current performance, progress and opportunities
- Lead and assist with projects related to improving pricing systems, processes and reporting
- Analyze sales and profitability trends by brand and by category
- Play a key role in ad-hoc analytical projects
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases
This role may be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics preferred)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Expert knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel) and database (Access) functionality required
- Relevant work experience in Retail or the Consumer Goods Industry a strong plus
- Strong experience in driving process improvements using data
- Strong ability to critically think about current processes, with an eye on questioning the status quo, and recommending best practices
- Solid analytical, decision making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- High sense of urgency and commitment to task with a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Detail and action-oriented self-starter
- Experience evaluating, analyzing and recommending price strategies
- Ability to handle competing demands and multi-tasking required
- Proven organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team
- A passion for (preferred!) and knowledge of the fashion/footwear market
You'll want to work at Shoes.com because:
Shoes.com makes it easy, fun and affordable for everyone to find shoes they love. We're driven by the belief that no matter what your journey, having the right pair of shoes can make all the difference. Every day we work to ensure that you find the perfect pair of shoes. That includes bringing you more than one million styles from over 800 of the best brands, through a seamless shopping experience on any device.
Shoes.com is headquartered in the greatest shoe city in the world-Boston, Massachusetts, the birthplace of shoe manufacturing. Founded in 2000 as Shoebuy.com, we launched the original online shoe store. Since then, we've served millions of customers of all shapes, sizes and tastes. In 2016, our own journey took a significant leap forward when we were acquired by Jet.com. Part of The Walmart US eCommerce division, Jet is one of the most forward-thinking and innovative online retailers in the world. With their support, we've greatly expanded and enhanced our ability to do what Shoes.com has always done: deliver a superior shoe-shopping experience.