Finance/Accounting | Charlestown, MA | Full Time
The Accounting Manager will work to ensure business needs are met as they relate to the Accounting/Controllership function. This position will oversee the day-to-day tasks and projects, ensuring that all deliverables are submitted in a timely fashion and deadlines are met. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Controller, and will support the Shoes.com Accounting function while working as part of the broader Walmart Global eCommerce Accounting team.
Upon coming on board you can expect to:
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Drive the execution of standard processes and controls to protect company assets
- Implement accounting initiatives and process improvements in area of responsibility
- Oversee month-end closing activities, reporting and reconciliations
- Interpret US GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and provide guidance on accounting matters including educating business partners
- Assist with integration efforts with Walmart
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates
This role may be for you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years experience in accounting, finance or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- Masters degree in Business administration (MBA) or related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage independent timelines and weekly/monthly tasks.
You'll want to work at Shoes.com because:
Shoes.com makes it easy, fun and affordable for everyone to find shoes they love. We're driven by the belief that no matter what your journey, having the right pair of shoes can make all the difference. Every day we work to ensure that you find the perfect pair of shoes. That includes bringing you more than one million styles from over 800 of the best brands, through a seamless shopping experience on any device.
Shoes.com is headquartered in the greatest shoe city in the world-Boston, Massachusetts, the birthplace of shoe manufacturing. Founded in 2000 as Shoebuy.com, we launched the original online shoe store. Since then, we've served millions of customers of all shapes, sizes and tastes. In 2016, our own journey took a significant leap forward when we were acquired by Jet.com. Part of The Walmart US eCommerce division, Jet is one of the most forward-thinking and innovative online retailers in the world. With their support, we've greatly expanded and enhanced our ability to do what Shoes.com has always done: deliver a superior shoe-shopping experience.