Shmoop Sales Champion
Sales | Mountain View, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum and test prep company that makes learning and teaching materials that are - get this - smart and fun. We are looking for a Sales Representative to sell licenses for our premium products into high schools and districts.
Help bring a "Best in Tech pick for 2010 & 2011" (according to Scholastic Administrator Magazine) to your area’s students. Shmoop believes that test prep and learning shouldn’t be boring. We connect the dots between the SAT and Mario Brothers, Shakespeare and Lady Gaga, geometry and snowboarding.
The ideal candidate will be able to light up the room and engage all levels of teachers and administrators.
- Sell Shmoop’s vision of digital supplemental student and teacher resources via our "College Readiness” products through phone, email, cold call, in person, and trade show prospecting.
- Conduct consultative product demonstrations with district, school, and library administrators.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Passionate about educational technology, improving our schools, and making learning more fun and relevant for students.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Education or related field of study.
- 1-2 years demonstrated in or outside sales experience preferably selling into schools.
- Tech friendly – probably a bit more than that – should be fairly-to-very comfortable with tech.
- Passionate about improving the state of education.
- Articulate with strong presentation skills (Understand the Shmoop voice and be able to speak it).
- Driven and results-oriented but not pushy - competitive but a team player.
- Teaching experience is highly desired.
Please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to be considered for this position.