Project-Based Math Content Editor and Producer
Writing/Content | Mountain View, CA
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Project-Based Content Producers who flip over fractions, go ape for addition, and dote on data sets. You will be writing engaging math content for students in middle school and high school who are studying pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry.
- Writing exceptional test prep content (explanations, questions, and answers) for online publication
- Creating learning guides and practice problems for state standardized exams, national standardized exams, or core curriculum standards
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative math content
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, or another math-based major, with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7)
- Knowledge of basic math concepts, such as decimals, exponents, measurements, and probability
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express math concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- A working knowledge of LaTeX
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample will be required.