Project-Based Humanities Curriculum Teacher/Writer
Writing/Content | Mountain View, CA
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Project-Based Humanities Curriculum Teacher/Writers in various humanities subjects (e.g. English, religious studies, art history, history) who flip over Frost, go ape for antonyms, or dote on Picasso. You will be writing engaging humanities curriculum content for students in high school.
- Writing engaging lessons-including lectures, activities, and assignments-for online publication.
- Creating user-friendly teacher notes and grading rubrics to accompany your lessons.
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative humanities content
- Master's degree in a humanities subject, or bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+) and teaching experience
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Please specify what subjects you are interested in writing on. Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample and unofficial transcripts will be required. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.