Project-Based Content Writer - Teacher Certification Test Prep
Writing/Content | Mountain View, CA | Part Time and Contract
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them.
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you’re harboring a secret love for the x-axis or have positive feelings about appositives, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer with a passion for teaching prospective teachers.
- Writing exceptional teacher certification test prep content for online publication
- Creating learning guides and appropriately difficult practice problems for teacher certification exams, such as Praxis, CSET, or other state-specific tests
- Finding public domain reading passages or writing short original works for use in practice problems
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative educational content
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- A background in pedagogy
- Proficiency in one or more of the subject areas covered in teacher certification exams: reading and writing skills, algebra and geometry, history, science, etc.
- Ability to communicate how different subject areas are taught
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a brainy sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample and unofficial transcripts will be required. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.