ELA/Humanities Editor and Producer
Editorial | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Obsess over grammar. Debate passionately. And, of course, consume your weight in Peanut Butter M&Ms.
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
Don’t believe us? Just ask our army of Ph.D.s.
Due to the mind-blowing success of our literature and US history guides, Shmoop is expanding into other humanities subjects. To help carry out our (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented college graduate who wants to gain experience in the e-learning industry.
You are a highly motivated individual who yearns to join our team as a humanities editor and producer. You should also be passionate about color-coded Post-It notes, well-informed about current events and pop culture, and interested in cultivating a garden of erudite humor.
- Editing, revising, and producing content for online publication
- Managing a small team of writers assigned to different projects
- Collaborating and communicating with team members in all departments
- Meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Graduate with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in English, literature, or history subjects
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
- Appreciation for math and science subjects
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with production webtools
Send us your wittiest cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A writing sample will be required.
This is a full-time, entry-level, on-site position. Our offices are located in Mountain View, California.