Executive Administrative Assistant
Administration | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Permanent Employee
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA (right next to Caltrain)
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE):
We pioneered cloud logistics with our on-demand fulfillment center and shipping tools, Web services, innovative developer tools and integration with today's top e-commerce platforms. Our award-winning platform provides on-demand e-commerce fulfillment and supply chain management from a network of global pick-pack and ship warehouses in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia to more than 1,000 emerging brands and web retailers.
It's an incredibly exciting time for our organization. In December 2013 we were acquired by Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), a Fortune 100 company who is also the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in supply-chain and mobile device lifecycle services. This will allow us to accelerate our platform (much more quickly than we could have as a stand-alone company) in a $40 billion market for e-commerce fulfillment services that is estimated to be growing by double-digits through 2015. The full details are publicly available here: http://goo.gl/mSHCjc and on our blog
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Ingram Micro in the Silicon Valley we will be continuing our start-up culture and maintaining our focus on revolutionizing the supply chain in favor of emerging brands. Through Ingram we have access to global facilities and distribution strength that will accelerate our innovation. Our charter is to be visionary and define the future of this market.
Exciting? We think so.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Our C-Level Executive Team is looking for a confident, capable and organized Executive Administrative professional who brings a proactive approach to managing his/her daily tasks. You must be able to manage up and down and have a communication style that bellies your position as the right-hand of our Senior Management.
Your position is extremely important within our organization. If you were on a Ship your position would be that of Navigator; understand the course that has been plotted by the Captain for our Ship, plan for all of the possible hazards that can happen along the voyage and then avoid those pitfalls so that your passengers are keenly aware of how stress free the voyage has been. That kind of forward thinking requires active listening and a great deal of maturity. We respect that this is a tall order but, understandably, we must demand this level of capability be resident in all of our Applicants.
If you can help us navigate the pitfalls of our fairly hectic schedules, and can do so with poise and a smile, we want to talk to you.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend staff meetings and are expected to take and distribute minutes, follow up on action items.
- Organize meetings, interviews and logistics with a sense of priority and built-in flexibility.
- Proactively monitor vacations, schedules and calendars.
- Interact and establish relationships with our customer/partner Executives Assistants.
- Reconcile expenses against our Accounting System and procurement card purchases
- Organize team off-site events including catering, agendas, reservations, tech setup
- Draft own responses based on knowledge of the organization's policy, procedures or particular situation.
- Maintain knowledge of organizational structure and maintain organizational charts.
- Make international and domestic travel/lodging/car arrangements as required, including completing VISA and passport paperwork for international travel.
- Exercise foresight on a consistent basis to prevent calendar conflicts and anticipate changes
- Receive, screen and handle telephone calls, incoming mail, publications and other correspondence, some of which may be of a confidential or sensitive nature. Prepare memoranda, reports and other materials for staff and business meetings.
- Maintain and analyze files and records which often contain information of a confidential nature.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ensures new hires have equipment, relevant access setup, and pertinent information for the first day of work
- Completes registration for large scale events and speaking engagements on behalf of Executive(s) supported
- Ability to manage up and down the chain of command
- Active listener
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Power user level skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Vizio)
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a dynamic team.