Marketing & Development Officer
Development | Ann Arbor, MI | Full Time
Eight million Americans are one paycheck away from becoming homeless. In Washtenaw County, 5000 people are experiencing homelessness. The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County (SAWC) was established in 1982, and is the primary provider of services and emergency shelter for Washtenaw County individuals. SAWC is housed at the Robert J. Delonis Center in downtown Ann Arbor. SAWC works with a diverse range of people struggling with homelessness, including first-time homelessness, veterans, domestic violence survivors, and people battling substance abuse and/or mental health issues. Services are offered through our core programs: Residential Emergency Shelter, Non-Residential, Shelter Diversion, Critical-Time Intervention, and Warming Shelter. The SAWC serves nearly 1500 people annually.
Ending homelessness, one person at a time.
The Marketing & Development Officer greatly contributes toward development revenue growth and is responsible for all aspects of the organizations marketing campaign, mission infused events, and development strategy as they pertain to prospect research, annual campaigns, on-line fundraising, community outreach and major gift program support. Key responsibilities include the creation of all marketing, social media and website collateral and content, forming relationships with event sponsors, donors and volunteers.
Director of Development
- Support strategic, annual fundraising plans in coordination with Development Director & Development Committee including campaigns, events, donor research & cultivation and database management.
- Provide writing and editing content for event communications and marketing collateral including promotional materials and design, website content, event registration pages, social media pages, newsletters, email blasts, etc.
- Conduct detailed research on top prospects to determine capacity ratings and philanthropic inclination.
- Plan and execute all fundraising and third party events; including marketing materials, budgeting and planning and coordinating all aspects of event logistics and details. Assist with securing event sponsorships.
- Support the execution of annual giving programs; including board & staff giving initiatives, online/email fundraising campaigns, and direct mail campaigns. Plan, create schedules, and evaluate productive, high-quality, cost-effective annual fund solicitation package. Analyze performance of annual giving programs including annual acquisition, retention, and upgrade strategy effectiveness.
- Assist in grant management when needed including: research, cultivation and solicitation of foundation and corporate grants. Manage grant process to develop accurate timelines, secure foundation research, establish strong foundation relationships, prepare and write proposals, and conduct effective stewardship of donors. Research new foundation opportunities.
- Develop a working knowledge of SAWC mission and programs and the capability to educate others to support successful outreach efforts.
- Manage, grow and cultivate unique donor portfolio of individuals & businesses, develop moves management plan recording donor meetings, document outcomes & next steps
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to gather necessary information for marketing collateral & initiatives
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
Strong marketing and critical thinking skills.
At least 1 year of fundraising in a non-profit organization or related sales experience.
Positive attitude and initiative. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Organizational skills- must be able to apply attention to detail and be able to manage multiple tasks at once.
Apply analytical skills.
Strong database management and data entry skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and Database Management Systems.
Must be able to work independently and efficiently while contributing to the Development team.
June 1, 2019
Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirement and history . Please include a statement as to why you are interested in this position at https://www.annarborshelter.org/employment. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.