Development | Ann Arbor, MI | Full Time
Position Title: Development Associate
Full-time, Exempt position
Basic Function: Administer all aspects of annual giving campaigns, corporate and foundation grant management. Responsible for creation and maintenance of effective systems for gift administration, prospect research, donor stewardship, and event management.
- Assist in development of and implement of annual giving program via direct mail and online giving. Plan, create schedules, and evaluate productive, high-quality, cost-effective annual fund solicitation package. Analyze performance of annual giving programs including annual acquisition, retention, and upgrade strategy effectiveness.
- Manage research, cultivation and solicitation of foundation and corporate grants. Manage grant process to develop accurate timelines, secure foundation research, establish strong foundation relationships, prepare and write proposals, and conduct effective stewardship for funders. Work with appropriate staff to ensure timely production and review of deliverables. Research new foundation opportunities.
- Plan and execute events.
- Direct and supervise gathering, recording and appropriate storage of prospect and donor information utilizing donor database and administrative systems.
- Work with Director of Development to create an effective outreach program which includes, print materials, maintaintence of website and other electronic communications.
- Work to advance individual, foundation, and corporate relationships that result in philanthropic contributions.
Supervision Received: Supervision is received from the Director of Development
Standards of Performance: It is the expectation of the organization that the minimum standard for this position consist of:
- Completion of all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Commitment to the mission of the Shelter Association
- Compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Punctuality and good attendance record.
- Work attitudes that include a pleasant presentation of self and a visible willingness to assist clients and fellow staff members.
- Willingness to set an example of professionalism.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree and experience with fund-raising activities. Prefer candidates with experience to execute special event, secure grants, manage annual giving programs, strong written and verbal communication skills and familiarity with html.