Administration | Ann Arbor, MI | Full Time | Opened 16 days ago
The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eight million Americans are one paycheck away from becoming homeless. In Washtenaw County typically 5,000 people are experiencing homelessness at any given time. The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County (SAWC) was established in 1982 and is the primary provider of services and emergency shelter for Washtenaw County individuals. SAWC is housed at the Robert J. Delonis Center in downtown Ann Arbor. SAWC works with a diverse range of people struggling with homelessness, including first-time homelessness, veterans, domestic violence survivors, and people battling substance abuse and/or mental health issues. Services are offered through our core programs: Residential Emergency Shelter, Non-Residential, Shelter Diversion, Critical-Time Intervention, and Warming Shelter. The SAWC serves almost 1,500 people annually.
Ending homelessness, one person at a time.
The Accountant is a key member of SAWC’s Finance team, who ensures timely and accurate pay for SAWC staff, as well as timely and accurate payments to SAWC vendors. The person in this position plays an important role in maintaining proper documentation and following SAWC’s internal control processes which are critical to SAWC’s accounting systems and financial audit.
Pay & Benefits:
This is a full time permanent position. The hourly pay rate is $20-23/hour based on experience.
The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County offers a strong benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, employer matched IRA retirement plan, Flexible Spending plans for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, generous paid time off, as well as short term and long term disability coverage and life insurance.
SAWC has a dynamic work environment that works to inspire hope in those we serve.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Payroll processing in Paylocity (payroll software) and MIP (accounting software)
- Accounts Payable processing in MIP
- General ledger account reconciliation
- General ledger journal entry
- Government grant invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for bank deposits and assisting with bank reconciliations
- Various Human Resources administration tasks -- for example, parking passes, first level Paylocity user support, personnel documentation, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Accounting analysis
- Support for annual financial audit
- Ad hoc projects from time to time
Health and Safety during COVID-19
The Shelter Association is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our clients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is especially imperative as we work with a vulnerable population and this position requires in person work. To do this we are partnered with our local Public Health department and have enacted significant health and safety measures including:
- Health and Safety training provided for all new and current staff
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training and supplies provided
- Weekly COVID-19 testing for clients and staff
- Rigorous onsite cleaning protocols
- Social distancing strictly enforced
- Physical barriers including plexiglass dividers in place when needed
- Health and safety screening for each individual entering the premises
- Coordination with local hospital systems and Public Health
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Accounting or equivalent school and/or experience. Training and experience in accounting and payroll processes. Must have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook and experience using payroll and accounting software.
Additionally the person that fills this position must be:
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Comfortable working under the pressure of tight timelines
- Able to work as a team member
- Confident to learn and use essential software tools for payroll and accounting work
- Be culturally competent, including working with those who have varying gender identifications or sexual preferences
- Able to be mindful of personal boundaries, ethical obligations and the primacy of client needs
- Commitment to economic justice, civil and human rights issues
- Mature in nature and professional in action
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Please go to annarborshelter.org/employment and submit your resume and cover letter. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible and thus the application deadline is Monday, April 19. 2021.
Staff Signature and date Manager Signature and Date