Senior Software Engineer Consultant (R&D)
Information Technology | Fairport, NY | Full Time
Sharp Notions is looking for a senior level developer to member of a dynamic team in the R&D department working on complex interactive 3D Windows Desktop Applications for the automotive, marine, and aircraft industries.
Sharp Notions, LLC is a software development and marketing design firm based in Fairport, NY, a suburb of the city of Rochester. We specialize in delivering smart ideas and sharp solutions for our clients' website and application development, online marketing and search engine optimization (SEO), graphic design, and print marketing needs. Our management team members were either born in Rochester, NY or were born in different states and came to Rochester, NY to attend college. All of them ended up liking the area so much that they did not want to leave after graduation. We believe that small technology companies can be successful in New York because of the deep talent pool that exists around our local higher education institutions and intend to continue growing our company in upstate NY.
We know that every company and organization has a unique brand and we believe in delivering unique solutions for each of our clients. While our designs are unique, we never sacrifice the user experience to deliver a fancy gimmick. Our solutions are always backed by a technical architecture that adheres to industry conventions and internal standards in order to provide flexible, reliable, and maintainable software. Plain and simple, our solutions work.
Sharp Notions, LLC was originally founded in 2008 to serve as the information technology department for a startup company and we developed their flagship product that provided lead and client management tools for insurance agents. The founder of the company always had a desire to grow above and beyond the original purpose and this was set into motion by two distinct events. First, the startup was acquired by a third company with its own development team and we were no longer needed to provide development services. Second, in 2010 we added two new partners to our company. These changes pushed Sharp Notions, LLC to grow our client base and refocus on providing development and marketing solutions. In 2011, we decided to use our technical backgrounds to help other companies find talent by providing software developer recruiting and staffing services to other organizations. We look forward to continuing our growth and to what the future has in store for our family of employees and clients.
- Support, extend, and develop software applications that are used for the design, analysis, and manufacture of gears. Typical activities would include:
- Participate in the design and implementation of new software products.
- Extend existing applications by developing new features following product roadmap or as requested by customers.
- Assist in interfacing to legacy software components.
- Support Internal and External Customers by providing installation & usage guidance and troubleshooting assistance.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or in Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with strong computer science background
- 5 years of experience in desktop software application development.
- Proficiency in C#, WPF, .NET development using Visual Studio 2010-2012 and some form of Source Control (SVN or GIT preferred)
- Ability to work in an Agile Cross Functional Team environment where team members may include Customers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Mathematicians, Gear Process Specialists and Gear Machine operators.
- Experience in Graphics Programming using OpenGL, OpenTK/Tao, DirectX/SlimDX, etc.
- Experience in iterative design and implementation of 3D Graphical User Interfaces.
- Experience in Database Programming using XML, SQL, Firebird, RavenDB, etc.
- Experience in Scientific Programming using IMSL or other Math Libraries.
- Experience in C/C++ Programming.
- Education or Experience in Applied Mathematics for Engineering
- Desire to Work in a Research and Development Environment
- Familiarity and/or Interest in the High Tech Machine Tools Industry
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Parties and Social Events
Sorry no visa sponsorship or relocation package is available for this position.