Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Sharethrough is looking for a full stack developer to work on our self-serve native advertising platform - powering engaging, interactive experiences used by millions of people daily. You'll play a key role in architecting our application as we expand our offerings, and quickly at that. We deploy continuously and you'll have a feature out in production before you leave on your first day. That doesn't mean we're cowboys - we rigorously test-drive and you're passionate about quality too!
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing new features for our mobile advertising platform and our self-serve publisher and advertiser tools
- Developing our distributed operational infrastructure, responsible for serving millions of daily impressions
- Collaborating with product owners and interaction designers to build out our platform
- Ensuring quality through test-driven development using RSpec and Jasmine
Right in Your Wheelhouse
- You have demonstrable experience with Ruby on Rails
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team of designers and stakeholders
- You're entrepreneurially-minded, comfortable contributing to product priority conversations
- TDD'ing like you mean it!
It Would Be Cool If You Had Experience With
- Mobile web development
- CoffeeScript, Backbone.js and Jasmine
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Scaling web applications
We are a technology company leading the charge towards a post-advertising era. We're working with brands like Mercedes and Old Spice to create a monetization platform using our suite of non-interruptive and choice-based products. Located within walking distance to the Ferry Building and voted one of the "2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area,” we’re a revenue-positive startup invested heavily in engineering.
Can you speak Ruby on Rails, Scala or Hadoop? Are you comfortable optimizing 100-instance Elastic MapReduce jobs over 10TB of data? Enjoy working in small, tight-knit teams? If so, come join our amazing group of collaborative, friendly people solving complex problems at a massive scale.
- Competitive salary, stock options and a 401K
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Relocation assistance for candidates located outside of San Francisco
- Commuter program
- Catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks & snacks
- Happy hours, rock climbing and other fun stuff!