Software Engineer - Backend (Ruby on Rails)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Sharethrough is looking for a full stack developer to hack on the backend of our service infrastructure that powers engaging, interactive experiences used by millions of people daily. You'll play a key role in architecting our systems as we continue to scale and quickly at that. We deploy continuously and you'll have a feature out in production before you leave on your first day. That doesn't mean we're cowboys - we rigorously test-drive and you're passionate about quality too!
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing new features for our Sharethrough HQ, our analytics platform for advertisers and publishers
- Architecting our distributed Building out our operational infrastructure, responsible for serving billions monthly impressions
- Collaborating with product owners and interaction designers
- Ensuring quality through test-driven development using RSpec
Right in Your Wheelhouse
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Demonstrable experience with Ruby on Rails (any version)
- TDD'ing like you mean it!
It Would Be Cool If You Had Experience With
- Rails 3, jQuery, Backbone.js and Jasmine
- Scaling web applications
- API design
We are a technology company leading the charge towards a post-advertising era. We're working with brands like Volkswagen and Old Spice to create a monetization platform for publishers using our suite of non-interruptive and choice-based products.
Located within walking distance to the Ferry Building and voted one of the "2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area,” we’re a revenue-positive startup investing heavily in engineering (conferences, training and dual 27” iMacs!).
Can you speak Rails, Backbone or Hadoop? Are you comfortable optimizing 100-instance Elastic MapReduce jobs over 10TB of data? Enjoy working in small, tight-knit teams with plenty of time for hack days? Were you off MongoDB before it was cool? If so, come join our amazing group of collaborative, friendly people solving complex problems at a massive scale.
- Competitive salary, stock options and a 401K
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter program
- Catered family lunches
- Unlimited drinks & snacks
- Happy hours, rock climbing and other fun stuff