Sr. Manager, Product Integration
Product | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
ShareThis uncovers the topography of human behavior, unlocking the power of digital behavioral data while providing stewardship and respect for global consumers who share their data.
ShareThis is known for our free sharing tool, first offered in 2007. From the 3 million websites around the world that use our sharing tools, ShareThis assembles data from billions of page visits every month, under agreements with site owners and with the consent of their site visitors. From this data, ShareThis builds products to help marketers understand and connect to groups of consumers most likely to be interested in that marketer’s products and messages. We partner with agencies, brands and many leading advertising and marketing technology companies. Our clients and partners choose ShareThis data for its unparalleled scale, breadth, and insight.
About This Role:
ShareThis is looking for a versatile technologist to act as the lead technical representative of our products to clients and partners who use direct integrations to access ShareThis data. Clients and partners that integrate directly to ShareThis receive large volumes of data from ShareThis every day, and in each case the product needs to be configured to address particular business and technical needs and constraints. In addition, active integrations need to be monitored for any deterioration in performance.
Working as a critical member of a small product team, you will work closely with sales and operations as they engage with clients and partners that require direct integrations, especially in the early stages of their business relationship with ShareThis. You will oversee these integrations, supporting operations in the use of tools to accomplish routine integration work, and interacting directly with clients and partners as needed to configure the work, resolve issues, and represent the product to more technical counterparts. For existing integrations, you will monitor and address issues as they arise.
You will interface closely with engineering leaders and their teams, engaging their support for needed fixes, identifying projects that will address issues that affect multiple clients, and guiding work aimed at enhancing tools that enable our external-facing teams to address individual client/partner requirements.
By joining a leader among digital data companies in this critical and visible role, you will have the opportunity to lead in the buildout of a blue-chip client base composed of leading technology, analytics and consulting companies.
This role is the right fit for you if you are
•A strong technical problem solver, able to quickly find the shortest, safest path to resolving small problems, but also skilled at recognizing and structuring more holistic solutions that address root problems, so as to systematically reduce the volume of issues over time
•An effective listener and communicator, able to grasp the different needs and perspectives of clients/partners, sales, engineering and operations, at the level of organizations and teams as well as individual people
•Someone who enjoys the challenge of managing a portfolio of competing demands, some short-term and some with a longer payoff, shifting focus even within each day to manage an evolving list of priorities
•Someone who thrives on the opportunity to interact and problem-solve with people outside technical disciplines, enabling technology to address specific real-world challenges, winning and delighting new customers, and acting as a critical member of the team driving business growth.
- Serve as lead representative of the product and engineering organization in configuring, implementing and maintaining client and partner integrations.
- Manage a pipeline of new client and partner integrations through implementation, in support of operations and where necessary through hands on work.
- For prospective clients, act as a high-level ‘sales engineer’, representing the product with qualified prospects, particularly in interfacing with a client’s technical counterparts who will be responsible for implementing access to ShareThis data at their company.
- Monitor ongoing performance of integrations, identify issues, troubleshoot, and escalate as needed.
- Act as the first point of escalation for operations and account managers who face client or partner technical issues and inquiries related to existing integrations that operations is unable to resolve. Triage the flow of issues so as to manage short term client/partner satisfaction. Prioritize, route, respond, and escalate as appropriate.
- Act as an overall ‘owner’ of the integration process, recommending process and technical improvements that will improve productivity and reduce data delivery issues.
- Systematically collect learnings related to client needs and product performance. Generate well-documented input to the product development process, especially as it relates to client-driven requests that would require development of new features.
- Partner closely with sales, account management, product management and marketing to provide strategic and technical input to the planning process as the representative of the integrations process, both ensuring that its needs are met and that its power and value is fully leveraged.
- Collaborate intensively with other members of our small product management organization to accomplish team objectives. Share your knowledge and strengths to help other team members develop, and invest to develop your own skills, through your personal efforts and with the support of your colleagues.
What You'll Need:
•At least six years business experience, including time spent in customer-facing technical roles
•Experience working with products or services that require frequent or continuous distribution of high volumes of data to a network of sophisticated, enterprise users
•Knowledge in technical tools and disciplines including SQL, big data and basic analytics using Big Query, and cloud environments and storage, especially AWS/S3
- Relevant experience with programmatic advertising technology applications, or more broadly in advertising or marketing technology of some kind
- Expertise in any of the following technical tools and disciplines
- Knowledge of data transfer protocols, SFTP etc.
- Knowledge of basic data structures, such as JSON and CSV
- Experience with Google Data Studio or DOMO and an ability to configure a dataset
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally, verbally and in writing, in person and via teleconferencing
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth company with less than 250 employees
- Mastery of and ability to effectively use a broad range of business productivity and collaboration tools