Internal Application: Web Designer/Developer
Digital Production | New York, NY | Contract and Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Web Designer/Developer. The Web Designer/Developer will be primarily working on a redesign of the Sesame Street in Communities website in support of our Domestic Social Impact effort to help direct service providers and the parents and caregivers of pre-school aged children cope with a myriad of challenges. See: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/
This redesign involves taking the current site and creating new updated User Profiles based on research findings, then generating iterative wireframes for new solutions to address any pain-points and focus on increasing user engagement with the site content. This role will report to the Supervising Producer, Digital Production and will work closely with the Lead Digital Designer on this project.
Please note: This is a contract role for 3-4 months.
- Work as part of the Production team to wireframe and design UI/UX.
- Motivation to learn and/or understanding about the CMS (asset ingestion process, page building, coding structure)
- Documentation of new and updated technical processes.
- Translating mockups into wireframes and design docs.
- UI/UX design methodology
- InVision for interactive wireframes
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD and any design tools for responsive websites
- Knowledge of and experience with delivering to best in class standards (mobile & desktop)
- Ability to adapt designs to feedback and create flexible structures that allow for future updates.
- Experience working with Non-Profits and/or Social Impact work
- Experience designing for both mobile platforms and apps
- Experience creating sprite sheets and working with icon fonts
- Experience responding to user research
- Experience writing technical documentation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity