VP/Senior Director Marketing and Audience Development
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
SR DIR MARKETING & AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
Sesame Workshop is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial VP/Senior Director of Marketing & Audience Development.
This role will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for data strategy, all digital and social marketing, email marketing, and future CRM capabilities as we build them out. This role requires an adept balance of creative marketing and branding and the ability to build a marketing system that drives audience (consumers and potential donors) to all brand touchpoints across Media & Education and Social Impact & Philanthropy. Working as part of the Sesame Workshop Brand Marketing team, this role will also collaborate closely with other departments- Media & Education, Social Impact, Philanthropic Development, Strategy & Research, Digital, IT, Production, other marketers and the Brand Creative group within the Marketing team; as well as external partners (distribution, digital and other partners). This role requires strategic vision to build existing and future Sesame Workshop marketing capabilities and the team to support them. Ideal candidates have worked within both commercial and non-profit organizations and have an understanding of how to balance and achieve those collective business objectives.
• Develop audience growth and retention strategy and work across the Marketing and broader organization to ensure marketing programs for Media & Education and Social Impact initiatives are data driven and strategically use email, social, owned, paid and earned media to achieve brand and business objectives. Work closely with internal and external business partners on execution.
• Collaborate with Strategy & Research on activation of new audience segmentation study designed to identify Sesame Workshop’s total addressable market.
• Work in partnership with Strategy & Research, IT and Digital to develop Sesame Workshop’s broader CRM capabilities and recommend technological improvements to improve marketing impact and efficiency.
• Work closely with Chief Development Officer to build and grow individual giving into a substantial revenue stream for the organization.
• Ensure marketing programs are optimized for customer/donor lifetime value. Track impact and maintain accountability for business and financial results related to growth initiatives.
• Manage Sr. Manager of Social Media and oversee all aspects of social media marketing for Sesame Workshop and its intellectual properties (Sesame Street and others), including:
• macro social strategy for U.S. and international markets
• tone and voice
• content development strategy and execution for each social platform
• new social platforms launches
• relationship management and partnership development with and within social platforms
• oversight of Sesame Workshop global social channels in partnership with local teams
• Manage Sr. Manager Email Marketing and oversee all aspects of email marketing for Sesame Workshop and its intellectual properties including acquisition, management, segmentation and analysis.
• Secure strategic digital marketing partnerships (primarily in-kind, potentially paid) to elevate Sesame Workshop’s intellectual properties including Sesame Street, Esme & Roy, Helpsters, Ghostwriter and others. Work closely with Brand Marketing team to align with and set franchise marketing objectives and plans.
Who you are and what you bring:
· 10+ years of marketing experience with a focus on consumer engagement, audience development and analytics
· Deep knowledge of the marketing process from initial briefing to execution and analysis
· Track record of consumer marketing success, with demonstrable and meaningful customer acquisition, retention and business results
· Ability to leverage the value of the brand, build upon it, and be scrappy
· Strong initiative, collaborative skills and the ability to build consensus, overcome obstacles, and get things done
· Demonstrated experience building successful cross functional relationships at all levels
· Strong multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills who can pay close attention to detail
· Affinity for philanthropic work and making a difference for children in need
· Motivation and commitment to contribute to an organizational culture built upon trust, integrity, inclusion and respect
· Global mindset, intercultural appreciation and sensitivity
· Mission oriented with commercial sensibilities
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans Disabled.