VP Marketing Operations
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
The Vice President Marketing Operations will lead operations across the Brand Marketing and Brand Creative groups that form the Marketing team to support cross-functional global Marketing. This role will specifically oversee production, project management, asset management, budget management, and create process across the organization to ensure efficiency across media platforms.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and has a dotted line to the VP Brand Creative.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the cross-functional planning, and day-to-day management of all SW Brand Creative and Brand Marketing workflow
· Build and manage the comprehensive Sesame Workshop calendar to deliver on all brand objectives and marketing, own and manage all briefs and processes, defining framework, timeframes, deliverables, approvals, quality control, etc.
· Media & Education: Partner with Production, Brand Marketing, and Brand Creative to assess creative needs from each show unit to support the Workshop’s various LOBs including: Franchise Campaigns, Promotion/Marketing, Consumer Products, Events (Consumer + Trade), Launch, Website & Games, Communications, International
· Social Impact: Partner with Social Impact, Brand Marketing and Brand Creative to assess creative needs for each funded initiative including: Marketing and social campaigns, Print + Digital communications, presentations and pitches, Gala and events, SSIC.org and SW.org, International initiatives, educational content
· Develop and elevate planning / operational tools and processes to drive consistent integration and alignment across Sesame Workshop. Establish best practices.
· Integrate video production, digital projects, themed experience and print into overall team planning
· Manage brief deadlines, objectives and deliverables while ensuring the highest possible quality
· Collaborate with team [Brand Marketing, Brand Creative, Production + Business] to forecast, prioritize and allocate needed resources
· Develop and maintain strong relationships that have been established with key internal stakeholders across Sesame Workshop
· Support the development of campaign asset production for print, social, video and digital media
· Effectively communicate and collaborate across various internal groups (creative, marketing, social, production, etc.) and if needed, manage external vendor relationships for brand studio; properly and timely escalating any concerns and providing solutions
· Navigate creative approvals with senior management, identify stakeholders marketing partners and creative leads
· Work closely with finance teams to monitor expense, contracts, and forecast budgets
· Manage, motivate and support production, project management and operations team in development, exposure and education
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 12+ years of experience performing in a similar capacity in production, entertainment, advertising or marketing
· Excellent thought leadership, strategic, analytical and forward-planning skills
· Highly collaborative leader and team player with talent for influencing large or small, cross-functional teams.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
· Possess a passion for media, entertainment and social impact
· Proven experience completing cross-functional complex projects
· Be creative and innovate, with the ability to incorporate best practices and develop new concepts.
· Enjoy a fast-paced, often changing environment
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled