VP, International Media Distribution and Business Development
International Media Business | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a VP, International Media Distribution and Business Development. The International Media and Education department is responsible for all areas of Sesame Workshop business and mission across Europe, Latin America, Middle East (GCC), China, Japan, and Asia-Pacific. Core areas of focus include Media distribution, consumer products, live events, themed entertainment, original content production and social impact initiatives.
This role is a member of the Senior Leadership Team of Sesame Workshop.
Reporting to the SVP and Head of International, this dynamic, commercially-focused role will manage International distribution of Sesame Workshop properties, including the flagship Sesame Street program, international co-productions, and new IP. The role will also oversee Business Development, identifying new corporate partnerships, and support the SVP with departmental operations and special projects, as needed. Areas of commercial development focus include Consumer Products and Sponsorship, Live Events, Location Based Entertainment, and Education.
Responsible for the development and execution of international content distribution strategy for all Sesame Workshop properties, spanning more than 150 countries and 30 languages. Ultimate accountability for delivering the organizational reach and revenue goals. Direct oversight of sales and fulfillment, working in partnership with regional MDs to establish market-specific distribution approaches across all platforms. Lead key negotiations, including co-productions, manage client relationships, and develop new broadcast partnerships.
Lead business development efforts, working with SVP and regional MDs to develop market-specific new business strategies. Identify, analyze and structure new partnerships to support overall growth objectives. May serve as head negotiator and lead new business partnerships after close. Cultivate relationships across multiple industry sectors. Coordinate strategic, financial and legal due diligence, and track results of new ventures.
Operational and Strategic Support
Assist SVP with day-to-day operations and special projects as needed. Liaise with MDs, functional heads and US counterparts to develop coordinated approach that supports Sesame Workshop’s overall media strategy and mission. Develop internal processes and reporting to drive efficiencies. Serve as the point person for coordinating among corporate divisions and provide periodic updates to Senior Management on behalf of SVP.
- Develop and implement international content distribution strategies
- Identify new, incremental growth areas for Sesame Workshop, leading those initiatives in coordination with regional MDs and local teams
- Oversee partner management, maximizing Sesame’s brand awareness and revenue
- Maintain up-to-date, in-depth understanding of market trends and players, continually assessing business models and best practices
- Manage special projects and presentations
- Support day-to-day operations, reporting, and cross-organizational coordination as needed
- Undergraduate degree required, MA/MBA preferred
- Seasoned negotiator with 10+ years overseeing international media distribution
- Demonstrated ability to drive year on year revenue and reach growth for media properties
- Proven track record of exceptional partner and relationship management skills
- Strategic thinker, extremely organized and disciplined, while also a tactical executor
- Proficient in all areas of media including Free and Pay Linear TV, S/AVOD, OTT, mobile, social media, wireless carriers/aggregators, device manufacturers, etc.
- Well-established personal network of contacts throughout the media industry
- Excellent presentation skills for client-facing sales and internal management reporting
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, with the ability to drive consensus building and influence colleagues and partners
- Sensibility to balance Sesame’s mission to ‘Help Kids Grow Smarter, Stronger and Kinder,’ with the need for sustainable and responsible commercial growth
- Available to travel 25-35% of the time
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled