Internal Application: Vice President, US Social Impact
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Vice President, US Social Impact. The Vice President, US Social Impact will be responsible for the oversight and management of certain philanthropically support US Social Impact initiatives contributing to the growth of the department’s three priorities. The VP oversees the internal creation and management, delivery, and implementation of the initiatives. The position entails the supervision of some members of the department’s project management staff. In addition, the position is key in the development and sustaining of national partnerships that support the delivery and implementation of the three pillar priorities.
This position requires demonstrated leadership and management skills along with an understanding on how community and family engagement initiatives are developed and implemented. The right candidate should have management experience with expertise in budgeting, timeline, events, awareness of the relationship between research and materials development, strategic planning for implementation, and critical, the knowledge on establishing or maintaining partnerships with key national organizations to successfully deliver resources to targeted audiences in vulnerable communities. Should possess strong management and budget skills to efficiently lead initiatives as well as contribute to funder opportunities led by the Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy department (which leads the fundraising efforts for US Social Impact). In addition, the candidate should possess familiarity and comfort with media and press activities and is an excellent public speaker. Must be a self-starter, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and most importantly, be a flexible team-leader.
- Lead multi-year philanthropically supported initiatives and their resources to at-risk children, families, and community providers who service from inception through final delivery.
- Develop strategic models for new initiatives that increase the intensity of implementation and sustainability through multiple media platforms.
- Identify, expand, and maintain a cadre of national networks and strategic partnerships to enhance the delivery and implementation of US Social Impact initiatives and resources to increase awareness and reach.
- Partner with the Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy to increase funding opportunities for US Social Impact priorities.
- Facilitate the development of proposals and/or decks and presentations to current and new prospective major donors, corporate, foundation, and/or government funders.
- Work collaboratively with the U.S. Social Impact content team to integrate professional development and technical assistance necessary to deliver newly created initiatives.
- Oversee program management staff supporting the development and execution of initiatives.
- Maintain fiscal oversight and accountability, timelines, and logistic coordination across internal groups for the creation and delivery of initiatives while seeking greater efficiency in these processes.
- Represent Sesame Workshop and US Social Impact at partnership or funder meetings, advisories, and/or conference presentations increasing greater awareness and reach.
- Collaborate with the Research and Strategy team to integrate the execution of formative and impact research within the initiatives and strategically leverage findings for current and future initiatives and their implementation.
- Participate in press, marketing, or communication activities for the launch and/or continued delivery of initiatives.
- Develop plans for social media and other outlets to assure the long-term sustainability of initiatives.
- At least 15-years proven experience in leading community and family engagement models and practices servicing vulnerable communities
- Possess a network of national partnerships and the ability to add new partners
- Extensive project management skills including budgeting, timelines, model and initiative execution strategies and the ability to relay needs of projects to others
- Exceptional experience in working with fundraising professionals to fund initiatives and develop proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with media/press or communications activities and public speaking
- High level of computer skills – Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and familiarity of social media
- Ability to domestically travel 20% to 25% of the time
Department Overview: Sesame Workshop’s U.S. Social Impact department, in the division of Social Impact and Philanthropy develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that service our nation’s vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop’s mission the department creates innovative initiatives and accompanying resources to enrich family engagement and build children’s development in early learning basics, health and well-being and resiliency skills to tackle very challenging situations. The department has three pillar priorities:
- Sesame Street in Communities (SSIC) model offers resources and professional development to national and local organizations serving young children and their families, especially those most vulnerable. sesamestreetincommunties.org
- Sesame and Autism: See Amazing in All Children offers innovative resources to help reduce the stigma often surrounding children with autism and highlights how all children share similarities and can celebrate their differences. sesamestreet.org/autism
- Sesame Street for Military Families provides resources that follow the milestones of military life and supports families on how to cope with these transitions. sesamestreetformilitaryfamilies.org