Vice President, Strategy & Ventures
Strategic Planning | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Vice President, Strategy and Ventures to join the Strategy and Ventures department. The Strategy department is responsible for providing strategic advice and consulting services to the Company’s internal business units. Working closely with internal business teams, you will be required to help identify issues, define opportunities, and develop solutions. The team’s work encompasses industry/market and competitive analysis, financial modeling, business plan development, and identifying and assessing the pros and cons of possible strategies/paths. A key aspect of the job is being able to assess and analyze large amounts of information/data, develop a coherent point of view, and present the information to stakeholders in a manner that enables effective decision-making.
Additionally, the Strategy and Ventures department oversees Sesame Ventures, a $15M portfolio fund with a double bottom line investment approach. While the group is not actively soliciting or directly investing in companies, we find and invest in VCs that are focused on start-ups that are aligned with Sesame’s mission. The Vice President will help strategically manage our Sesame Ventures relationships, communicating regularly with our VC partners to ensure alignment and, as needed, engaging directly with their portfolio companies to maximize the mutual benefits of the partnerships.
- Problem solving – ability to sift through data and come to answers/recommendations
- Strong analytical skills – frequent financial analysis and modeling
- Communication – written and verbal
- Leadership/Presence – the role requires frequent interaction with functional heads and senior managers within the Workshop. It is critical that clients and partners see the Vice President as a credible and strong strategic partner
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission
- MBA degree
- 5+ years of experience from consulting or media strategy
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis and modeling
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to write effectively and communicate ideas with PowerPoint decks