Vice President, Partnership Development and Expansion
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Vice President, Partnership Development and Expansion. The Vice President, Partnership Development and Expansion will be responsible for the oversight and management of certain philanthropically support initiatives contributing to the growth of the department’s three priorities. The VP would emphasize a focus on brokering cross-sector national nonprofit partnerships to support and expand the delivery and sustainability of SW’s US initiatives. There are 2 direct reports.
This position requires demonstrated leadership and management skills along with an understanding on how community and family engagement initiatives are developed and implemented. The right candidate should have management experience with expertise in budgeting, timeline, events, awareness of the relationship between research and materials development, strategic planning for implementation, and critical, the knowledge on establishing or maintaining partnerships with key national organizations to successfully deliver resources to targeted audiences in vulnerable communities. In addition, the candidate should be an excellent public speaker, familiarity and comfort with media and press activities as well as experience contributing to funder opportunities.
Please note: This position is located at our headquarters in NYC.
- Lead multi-year philanthropically supported initiatives and their resources to at-risk children, families, and community providers who service from inception through final delivery.
- Develop, own and actively report out on initiative growth and expansion plans
- Develop strategic models for new initiatives that increase the intensity of implementation and sustainability through multiple media platforms.
- Identify, expand, and maintain a cadre of national networks and strategic partnerships to enhance the delivery and implementation of US Social Impact initiatives and resources to increase awareness and reach.
- Partner with the Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy to increase funding opportunities for US Social Impact priorities.
- Facilitate the development of proposals and/or decks and presentations to current and new prospective major donors, corporate, foundation, and/or government funders.
- Work collaboratively with the U.S. Social Impact content team to integrate professional development and technical assistance necessary to deliver newly created initiatives.
- Oversee program management staff supporting the development and execution of initiatives.
- Maintain fiscal oversight and accountability, timelines, and logistic coordination across internal groups for the creation and delivery of initiatives while seeking greater efficiency in these processes.
- Represent Sesame Workshop and US Social Impact at partnership or funder meetings, advisories, and/or conference presentations increasing greater awareness and reach.
- Collaborate with the Research and Strategy team to integrate the execution of formative and impact research within the initiatives and strategically leverage findings for current and future initiatives and their implementation.
- Participate in press, marketing, or communication activities for the launch and/or continued delivery of initiatives.
- Develop plans for social media and other outlets to assure the long-term sustainability of initiatives.
- Minimum of 10-15-years proven experience in identifying and fostering partnerships at the national level at a nonprofit, public sector or for-profit context
- 3+ years' experience managing direct reports
- Possess a network of national partnerships with proven ability to add new partners
- Experience owning, growing and actively managing budgets (including shared budgets with partners)
- Extensive project management skills including timelines, model and initiative execution strategies and the ability to relay needs of projects to others
- Exceptional experience in working with fundraising professionals to fund initiatives and develop proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with media/press or communications activities and public speaking
- Working knowledge of national networks and organizations support young children, a big plus
- High level of computer skills – Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and familiarity of social media
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Ability to domestically travel 20- 25% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled